Canyon (patch 5.281 version)

Sn4ke

Small update for: Canyon

[created by: @kenz3001]

Hey guys,

last week we've been busy testing Eyes & Glasses, so Kuja could release both of them. Until now I didn't take a look into the new destructable objects as on Canyon, Snow or Field. But after yesterdays PUG I was looking for something chilled out and decided to do another Canyon test session to see what the new rock barrier is worth (single arty: 40 seconds.... :/) and check if kenz fixed some bugs as: you could get out of the map behind GDI barracks, avoiding the soft border death via a jump-n-run trial ;) [thx to Initiate for telling/showing us].

Harvy path issues:

While the getting-out-of-the-map-issue is fixed, I've noticed that the GDI harvy has a bad path node at the WF ramp:

aa416c20cdec40a98d2149f920f26fd3.png

GDIs harvester tends to get  stuck at the railing collision of the WF ramp. It's nothing serious, it's just slowing the harvy down for 1-2 seconds... Sometimes the harvy finds a good route, driving around the corner with it's usual speed, sometimes it's performing a little hopper to drive over the collision and sometimes it's sliding slowly along the collision..

a86766f55fb845c79192fad88cd3c181.png

That happened while I was AFK for ~ 12 minutes. But the harvy dumped his Tiberium and tried to drive back onto the field when this happened:

7669a0ba36e848068468f194a3fb757a.png

Okay, this is way more interesting ;) than the first screenshot.. the harvy couldn't unstuck itself, at some point I just pushed it..

@kenz3001 I assume the normal harvy route to get back to the field is via WF, but sometimes it's taking the ramp route. Is that harvy behaviour intended or not?

[GDI harvy tends to use the ramp route after every ~4-5th drop]

c04e47c51504476a84f741faf7472d88.png

Between WF / Bar the harvy is pretty much blocking the whole ramp, while on the ramp to Ref it's driving as close as possible to the WF so there's a free lane for vehicles.

Maybe change the path node to the green arrows? Hravy shouldn't get stuck at the WF corner that way and it's not blocking the WF / Bar ramp anymore.

Soft border issue:

34a7033fdf594dd4acf9f19af165ea7d.png

That's happening when you drive too close at the border collision. Even if you return to the battlefield you still get blown up. This is reproducible near barracks [corner cactus], alongside the Ref anti tank barriers and especially at the pillar gallery [ivy at the right side]. Even if this is not that common, I think stank drivers are easily getting into that glitch as they try to avoid scanning GDIs [can happen at Nods base borders as well, but I can't really think of a reason why any tank driver should get that close to the borders there... unless he gets pushed into them, or he's trying to escape from a tank battle].

I don't know exactly how the soft border is working but maybe moving the soft border further "outside" the map is enough to solve that issue.

Spoiler

Out-take:

9e08c7a3592a4f25b47dd96c107f6df7.png

Regards,

Sn4ke

Edited by DarkSn4ke
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

Okay, this is way more interesting ;) than the first screenshot.. the harvy couldn't unstuck itself, at some point I just pushed it..

@kenz3001 I assume the normal harvy route to get back to the field is via WF, but sometimes it's taking the ramp route. Is that harvy behaviour intended or not?

[GDI harvy tends to use the ramp route after every ~4-5th drop]

That behaviour is allowed by the Harvester Pathing.

dd125cd97cbb409bb7a59ea60b935693.png

@kenz3001 you missed that glitched ION spot [airstrip] - Nod can disarm it but it's out of sight

While Field / Snow Obstructions are repairable the Canyon Rock isn't... I haven't played Canyon on a full server yet, but I can't imagine that the rock will make a change at all.

As I've posted above: 40 seconds [single arty]

Regards,

Sn4ke

Edited by DarkSn4ke