Saving stamina while sprint

Axesor

Stamina exploit  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be prevented?

• Yes
    • No

It's a wide used exploit, where you can save your stamina while jumping and releasing a sprint button. The question is: should the stamina saving exploit be prevented somehow?

I do it myself, but it still counts as an exploit and exploits should be fixed imo... I have an idea how to prevent this.

I don't know how much an energy do every character has, but there is one visual thing that is common to every character 702902ae73.jpg and it's cut in several bars as you can see. What if everytime the sprint is thrusted, it will instantly consume certain amount of energy that is equal to 1 bar?

Edited by Axesor

7 hours ago, Axesor said:

It's a wide used exploit, where you can save your stamina while jumping and releasing a sprint button. The question is: should the stamina saving exploit be prevented somehow?

I do it myself, but it still counts as an exploit and exploits should be fixed imo... I have an idea how to prevent this.

I don't know how much an energy do every character has, but there is one visual thing that is common to every character 702902ae73.jpg and it's cut in several bars as you can see. What if everytime the sprint is thrusted, it will instantly consume certain amount of energy that is equal to 1 bar?

To be fair, it already does consume "some" stamina upon activation, and it already has a "stamina regen" pause by simply activating it at all. If you use it, you will save stamina, but will not regen it, and will slowly consume it.

I think they should reduce sprint consumed by run, but as you said, increase consumption of activate-deactivate to the average duration of a jump, if you were sprinting during that jump. That way, sprint cost the same during a jump, as it does during the walking distance.

Well, if there is some kind of prevention already, then it's not working as intended, and values should be edited then. It's nothing gamebreaking or annoying tho, but also is not hard to fix.

As you said, increase the consumption upon activation sprint, and also increase stamina to compensate the loss.

Edited by Axesor

5 hours ago, Axesor said:

Well, if there is some kind of prevention already, then it's not working as intended, and values should be edited then. It's nothing gamebreaking or annoying tho, but also is not hard to fix.

As you said, increase the consumption upon activation sprint, and also increase stamina to compensate the loss.

The downside, of course, is rapidly taping it activate-deactivate, will rapidly consume it over a short distance, but once you figure that out, you won't intentionally do that (maybe dodging sniper fire at best).

With a stamina boost, I wouldn't mind actively dodging arcade-style, to consume more stamina.

Here is some code from the Pawn:

// Variables for sprinting
var float		Stamina;
var const float MaxStamina;

var float		SprintSpeed;
var int         StaminaCooldownTime;
var int		    ExhaustionTime;
var bool		bSprinting;
var bool		bSprintingServer;
var bool        bExhausted;
var float       SprintStaminaCost;
var float       StaminaRegenRate;
var int         JumpStaminaCost;
var int         DodgeStaminaCost;  
var bool        WasInFirstPersonBeforeDodge;
var bool        bWasInThirdPersonBeforeIronsight;

var float		WalkingSpeed;
var float		RunningSpeed;
var float       IntendedGroundSpeed;
var repnotify float       SpeedUpgradeMultiplier;
var float JumpHeightMultiplier; 

Dodge is redacted from the game, and I reckon StaminaCooldownTime is already adequate (I find it cumbersome enough already), and exhaustion time is also cumbersome (and isn't there a speed penalty for walking while overencumbered?), so I suspect the SprintStaminaCost should definitely be reasonably increased (maybe MaxStamina too)?