Launcher not opening

Webbdoola

Hi All,

New to Ren X, downloaded the MSI file click on run as admin etc as per the new install instructions. 

Game installed with no issues, created shortcut, set up admin rights etc. 

When i launch the game it asks me to install the game for the first time, i click YES. 

Once i click yes the launcher flashes up for 0.5 secs then disappears/closes. 

If i hit no i get the server list but obviously i have no game so nothing works there. 

any one had this before? 

I have no logs in the game folder (new install) 

My pc runs any game full settings. 

49 minutes ago, Webbdoola said:

If i hit no i get the server list but obviously i have no game so nothing works there. 

While the standard installation procedure should have worked fine, you can click "no" then go to Settings and click "Verify Game Integrity". This is essentially what the installation process does anyway.

I'm going to see if it works fine for me or not. Out of curiosity, what version of Windows are you running?

didn't work got this error after downloading 

Renegade X could not be verified. The following exception occurred:

Patch creation failed: Command execution failed: xdelta3-3.0.8.x86-64.exe "-d" "-B536870912" "-f" "G:\renegade\patch\download\full\D17862F26A0D42BD52DC3032DCB724AE582C1C32" "G:\renegade\patch\apply\PreviewVids\CNC-Gobi.mp4" exited with code 1

It sounds like a file download may have been corrupted. Try deleting both of these files and verifying integrity again:

• G:\renegade\patch\download\full\D17862F26A0D42BD52DC3032DCB724AE582C1C32
  • G:\renegade\patch\apply\PreviewVids\CNC-Gobi.mp4

and then let us know if it works. If it doesn't work, try deleting the entire G:\renegade\patch directory, and verifying game integrity. It's also worth making sure there isn't a ghost process of the launcher running in the background by opening Task Manager and killing all instances of Renegade X Launcher.exe before opening the launcher to do these things (also let us know if this is the case so we can see if we can fix this issue in the future).

Ok, this seems like a bug. The previewvid is still in use by the Launcher. I think I've fixed it for a next release, but that wont help you now.

Could you try what @Agent told you by verifing, but make sure no server is selected.

Another thing, didn't you get this view when starting a freshly installed game via the MSI

naamloos.png

If not, I'm very curious and willing to do some further investigation. Let me know...

Hi Schmit,

Thanks for you reply, i never got that view when installing, once i ran through the first install i had to double click the icon to start the game that when it flickered and i was back at my desktop

I tried Agents suggestions but i keep getting the same error just with different files causing the error each time, plus it re downloads the full 6 GB each time i try that solution, i have tried about 6-8 times now. just takes a while to test due to the download. 

I shall call the gang to investigate this mystery...

I suspect you are either missing some dependency of the launcher installer, or something else. I tried the installer last night and it worked perfect, but that's not a very reliable test. If you can come on Teamspeak with Teamviewer, I want to help with the installation + also finding out why the installer stops for future players. (This is valuable information after all)

Just pm me with a time you can come online, I will try to be there then. Otherwise this thread will grow unnecessary.