Canyon Redesign

Sn4ke

Canyon Redesign  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the GDI base entrance on Canyon should be redesigned?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, depends on the new design....
    • My name is kenz and I already have enough stuff to take care of <3

Hey,

I want to start a Forum discussion about the actual Canyon design / balancing. Some weeks (maybe months) ago we had a TeamSpeak chat about Canyon after a Saturdays PUG. Maybe some attendees remember.

Even though Canyon used to be a GDI map (due to the open base design on Nod side.. meds / ion -> gameover) I think that it's now a 85% Nod map (new inf exit to field / silo).

15957a35a61e4795985de83af9552bac.png

Nod can easily pin down GDI with arties from the airstrip. Even if Nod loses the harvy, they can buy Arties & Techies to counter any incoming med rush.

Arties are cheaper than meds & deal more damage. Though you need more teamwork with arties (dedicated healers etc.).

When Nod gets Flamers GDI usually lost. Their base entrance is so narrow and 2-3 flamers [with arty support] can esily destroy any medium tank coming out of GDI base.

0bd2f10eb2224afebeb4d8d2e16fc510.png

You can place e.g. 3 arties there, with good cover for healers as well. This is clearly B2B [barracks] but for some reason it hasn't been dealt with so far.

Spoiler

707fb580e60e46b19e51a33759b85ba7.pngFor those who don't know what I'm writing about :P

So I think it would be nice to give GDI a proper - balanced - base entrance.

52e7e41db2724cc7b1c30c8a149e8aed.png

This is just a suggestion ;) I'm no mapper!

Feel free to post your own ideas here! :)

Regards,

Sn4ke

PS: @kenz3001 if you don't want to redesign the GDI base entrance you should close this topic. But please... please fix the Arty B2B spot ;)

Edited by DarkSn4ke
  • Like 2