psx emulator need help

grillin96

1) Samurai Warriors is game 1, Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends is actually Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends, the Europe title for Samurai Warriors 2 Empires, from what I understand. Could be wrong, but pretty sure at the very least Xtreme Legends is not expansion for original Samurai Warriors.

2) How do you even "expansions" for PS2? They are either a whole game, or they aren't. They came before "DLC" like XBox 360 was known for.

3) Burn the disc or otherwise package the game in an "ISO" format. On that, there are guides on Google for, which will probably take you to EmuParadise because they have lots of guides for using DaemonTools to backup discs as ISO files on computer. It's worth mentioning, that the website also has ISOs, two of which being Samurai Warriors and Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends.

4) Lastly, PSX isn't always a PS2 emulator. Make sure you have something like PCSX2 or something that is actually a PS2 and not PS1 emulator. You'll likely also need a bios if it's PS2, which you can dump from a double-sided USB to your computer from a console-PS2. Also worth mentioning EmuParadise might have a bios file as well, you'd probably find that through Google as well.

• Totem Arts Staff

Are you sure about that, Yagi? I've looked on wikia and wikipedia, and they indeed indicate 'Expansion' and that Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends and Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends are two different entity with different release date, different content, and an expansion to different games.

The wikipedia seems to explain the Expansion system through ejecting the disk after a few options and inserting the original game. I kinda doubt PCSX2 supports this though