Lag

BoneSplitter

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with lag, its pretty debilitating in-game. I find that the only thing I can do reliably is repair buildings because the lag is so bad when Im trying to do anything else. I've turned the graphic settings all the way down and it may have helped a little, but I dont know. Im not sure how to diagnose the problem, much less fix it... Any help?

Thanks,

BoneSplitter

With the new patch I get a lot of 'game lag'. My character will seem to teleport when running, I'll get stuck running into walls and vehicle controls temporarily freeze, the steering locks up causing my tank to drive in circles and this is often accompanied by seeing a flash of 2-3 different future probabilities. I have all my graphics set to low and effects turned off but it doesn't make much difference. For me, it isn't map specific but it might be due to some sort of denial of service attack on the server.

If it is a DDOS, it shouldn't crash the server anymore, and it shouldn't last longer than 6 minutes tops.

If it is bad internet connection, your character being misplaced by massive distances is a barely-connected sort of internet signal.

If it is just like a slideshow, where everything pauses every half a second, then it is your computer. Ultra-low settings and fogdensity-0 should help.

Lag can mean a lot of things. Hit ` or f5 and type stat fps. If you have low fps (below 30) consistently, then that's why. If so, post your hardware specs here and we can see if that is the issue. Otherwise hit ` or f5 and type stat net. This pops up with a lot of info, but there's only a few you need to look at. Ping, in loss, and out loss. High ping will make your actions feel delayed, in or out loss will make things appear to teleport and stuff. If any of those are your problem, then it's either you live super far from the server, bad connection to the server, your internet provider is being dumb, or faulty hardware (router, modem, cable).