Tiberian Sun Vehicle Crate

Chrisjh0223

The crates that spawn a Tiberian Sun vehicle seem to ignore the option of if a crate can spawn a vehicle period. Kenz did show in at least one of his mapmaking tutorials the check box which dictates whether a vehicle can spawn from a particular crate or not. My guess is that the RenX vehicle crate adheres strictly to this rule, but the Tib Sun equivalent has a devious variation of the vehicle crate script, which in turn ignores whether a crate can spawn a vehicle or not.

My guess for a resolve is to also put in the mapmaking program a check box which dictates whether a Tib Sun vehicle can spawn from a crate or not. When a mapmaker is in the program then, it's a simple matter of checking off both these boxes or leaving them both blank.

Pay attention to the announcement each vehicle crate makes. The RenX vehicle crate says "Player (or You) got a new vehicle!" The Tib Sun crate says "Player discovered futuristic weaponry!" or "You have discovered a weapon from the future!" So by observation of each crate's broadcasted text, they seem to rely on 2 different coding scripts.

I was on the OrdoImperialis server lately for quite a few matches and it appears the Tib Sun crate has a 100% chance on that server. Every time somebody touched a crate, a Tib Sun vehicle spawned. It was really helpful on what is normally a vehicle accessible crate, but on the infantry only crates the vehicles could easily get stuck, and the invisible vehicle barriers really prevented the vehicle from going anywhere making it more or less a stationary turret.

Ever see a vehicle in tunnels? This server made it hilariously easy to strike at an enemy building with a vehicle from a tunnel. During the ending victory cam, it was amusing to see Tib Sun vehicles in tunnels (often grouped together) and hearing their idle engine noises while they're seemingly stuck in place.

If a player picks up a crate and all crate types have a probability of 0, the crate system will default to the last crate type in the crate type list. For now, the last crate in the list the TS Vehicle crate. This functionality was never meant to be reachable, and isn't reachable in a properly configured server because there are crates other than vehicle crates.

Servers owners shouldn't misconfigure their server; this is a server configuration issue.

It should also be noted that if you press Q on a Tiberian Sun vehicle driven by an enemy then the spotted location text will come up but the name of the vehicle does not appear. So while it should come up like "Spotted 1 Tick Tank by Nod Bunker" it comes up more like "Spotted near Nod Bunker."

This is actually a bug. Rypel recently specified vehicles in q-spotting last update, but I guess he probably went through the list and didn't remember TS vehicles are a thing that exist.

It should also be noted that if you press Q on a Tiberian Sun vehicle driven by an enemy then the spotted location text will come up but the name of the vehicle does not appear. So while it should come up like "Spotted 1 Tick Tank by Nod Bunker" it comes up more like "Spotted near Nod Bunker."

This is actually a bug. Rypel recently specified vehicles in q-spotting last update, but I guess he probably went through the list and didn't remember TS vehicles are a thing that exist.

Well yeah, I know that the text in the Q spot effect was bugged, which is why I decided to bring it up since we were already discussing the Tiberian Sun vehicles, ha ha. And since this is news to Rypel I guess he'll get around to diagnosing the Tib Sun scripts for any one of the upcoming patches.