Suggestive Sex in RenX

Chrisjh0223

Yesterday some people in-game would use characters in suggestive positions. They would go to mid-field locations or out-of-the-way locations. I first saw on Under on the back field bunker roof a GDI player and a Nod player together, thinking at first it was a little battle so I used my Marksman Rifle to shoot at the Nod player. When I killed the Nod player he/she said in-game chat "ChrisJ! How rude!" It then turned out people in-game were role playing things other than the game itself. Throughout the match they did this (mostly people on the other team, so attacking the enemy base and actually playing RenX was easier than normal). At one point at a bunker (I think the red bunker) people grouped together for their own thing, mostly (or all) Nod players; one person in a Medium Tank said "It's very tempting to shoot that bunker with this tank." So yes, people were not really playing the game of RenX, just doing something weird; I'd like to get some response from a Dev (or whoever is in charge of the game) to know how they feel about this. And later on in the day, right after I joined a server on XMountain a host said "Don't touch Maria." Uhh, what? Was Maria up so goofy shenanigans? There was only about a minute left, and I got an Engie upon joining and ran to the silo to check on it, and shortly after the game ended. Naturally in-game, when I see an enemy I shoot them and don't know anything else probably going on; keep in mind this is a warfare game so when you play it expect to get shot at by default.

I know people may do fun stuff on occasion (such as group up during the last minute of a game for an attendance screenshot) but yesterday was weird. If you really want to goof off, maybe tell your own circle of friends to get together on a server with 0 people currently on to do non-RenX things there; people who want to truly play the game of RenX likely feel hampered when they have teamplayers not help out at all and the other team has a full arsenal of hardcore RenX teamplayers.

I'm not sure which is more unconventional, this going on yesterday or many months back when Tom & Jerry went AFK. If you remember during one match, two players were constantly AFK the whole match just standing around doing nothing but probably Private Messaging one another instead of on AOL IM(if I had to hazard a guess). Why else would they come on and stay consistently AFK? If either Tom or Jerry got kicked, they would re-join the game shortly afterwards during the match. When someone called them out on being constantly AFK, Tom or Jerry replied "please don't kick us." Your thoughts?

But the Tom & Jerry players did not have next to their names. Are you really 100% sure they are bots?

It's complicated, but they were UDK clients set up and running, basically attached to a chat script so they could reply if they detected a vote kick or chat with their name in it.

The concept was, if the server had 2 players or so online, during hours when all servers had 0 players in it, then someone getting online to play would join the one with 2 before the 0s. Well, someone sticks those afk on a server, and that server was filled up when players eventually got on, before any other server.

More or less, a sheep-magnet.

I didn't mind when a server had 0 or few players, to stick like 3 AI-bots on each team, just for filler, until 4 people got on each team and then the bots were removed because by then they seemed incompetent and just took up space. But the padding player count thing was always just padding player count, it didn't really do anything but populate a server first.

As a roleplayer, this strikes me as utterly hilarious, but not unusual. Unfortunately, having roleplayed for as long as I have, erotic roleplay is an issue which has infested the RPing community. I would rather it not infect and hamper Renegade X, either, which is a great game. So, if we see these actions being done, I think it only right to just shoot those committing it and give them a reminder that the setting is a warzone, not a make-out place. If it persists, kicking or eventually banning might be required. Or they could, as suggested above, just move to do it on empty servers.

If i see someone joining a server with the sole purpose of goofing off for an extended period of time, i would consider it Team Hamper and promptly kick them after a couple of warnings.

Yes, people get bored at times, which causes them to kill time with stacking APCs but if you really feel the urge to do such stuff for let's say over 5 minutes, go somewhere else where you are not such a nuisance to others. you are using up valuable teamspace and turning a '10v10' into basically a '9v10'. an 8v10 i would personally consider an unfair fight, and the only thing once you need to basically lose by goofing off is an AFKer on your team, or a friend you persuaded into doing silly things.

Roleplaying? nothing wrong with. Weird fetishes? I don't care, everybody is weird in their own way. As long as you don't bother others, and you are bothering your own team by filling up space and bothering the enemy team by taking away their chance of having a challenging and even battle.