Launcher Starts, but game refuses to respond.

Ani3914

Ok, so I installed Renegade X Beta 5, updated to 5.002, then did the manual patch for 5.003, whenever I click on a server and select "Join Server" I get the Renegade X banner, and then nothing, it doesn't crash, and all the log files are BLANK. I tried running as admin, and I tried running in compatibility mode for windows 7 (I run a windows 10), can someone help!

• Totem Arts Staff

A) List your system specifications please: it doesn't' always help, but sometimes it will show something obvious.

B) Are you positive ALL of the log files are blank? If so, try navigating to the actual game folder [Renegade X\Binaries\Win32], start a command prompt here ( if you shift + right-click there should be an option to "open command window here" ), then type "UDK -log". It should run and it should inevitably log everything from start to finish. If it doesn't get anything logged then that's pretty extreme.

C) What resolution are you using for your monitor?

D) If you could explain: why did you update to 5.002 in the launcher, then manually update to 5003 ???

For some reason the launcher decided to work after I restarted my computer, and made sure it was running as admin, and in compatibility mode for windows 7 then I launched the game, and waited for about ten minutes, it then launched perfrectly fine. For some reason my compatibility settings did not apply. And, to answer your last question, the launcher automatically updated to 5.002, and would not update to 5.003, so I had to download the update .zip file, and install it manually.

• Totem Arts Staff
For some reason the launcher decided to work after I restarted my computer, and made sure it was running as admin, and in compatibility mode for windows 7 then I launched the game, and waited for about ten minutes, it then launched perfrectly fine. For some reason my compatibility settings did not apply. And, to answer your last question, the launcher automatically updated to 5.002, and would not update to 5.003, so I had to download the update .zip file, and install it manually.

Shouldn't even have to run it in compatibility for 7.

Also, you have to restart the launcher to update to 5.003 since they use two different sets of files. 5002 is the last revision that bothered keeping all the files for beta 4 around.