Fastdownload engine Problems

iTweek.

I can hardly anticipate english and use Google Translate

I am now busy for a while. With Fast Download some and had to try and have noticed the following things

if not a good connection (not so fast) has to the server (fast download) he breaks off after 30 seconds and upload it on the server.

This works great with fast download, even if you had the map the map has not changed. It simply download the loading screen then.

I have a feeling that he ignores the setting [ipDrv.TcpNetDriver].

if I ConnectionTimeout = 30.0 point to 60 or even higher, he breaks nevertheless exactly at 30 seconds.

no matter what I set it happened exactly nothing: D

Slow internet connection (30 timeout problem)

fast internet connection (No 30 seconds problem. As previously done)

Can this be fixed or it's ever been built?

I think you should go because .. because the customs Maps anyone have any ideas?

This issue has been thoroughly looked into by multiple people, and no solution has been found. Auto-download is a UDK feature, and is written in entirely native code, so there's no way we can modify or even really look at the faulty code. This essentially leaves 3 options:

1) Keep messing with client/server config settings, until someone discovers something that works (no solution yet found).

2) Write an entirely separate system from scratch to automatically transfer files (that's a decent bit of work).

3) Keep using the system as-is (buggy).

The best solution, is to write into the launcher, to download the map for you if you join a server with them. Or to, failing that, what the launcher is capable of anyway, to include the latest progress on fanmaps into the patches every new patch. Yosh probably wouldn't mind just adding maps to a patch to release it every week or so, without any other applied gamechanges.

PA has a fan-made mod-manager that keeps a repository of maps via github that can be submitted and maintained actively, and a server can have a section of serverinfo that the launcher looks for, that references the maps on the repository. The repository itself doesn't have the map, just the link to the maps, and the launcher calls for that download and waits for no further downloads to be required before it starts launching udk.

Writing it into the launcher is very, very far from the "best solution". For example, when maps change mid-game, you would still get removed from the game, and users would be left sitting there thinking "wtf just happened?". A player would then have to close their game and try rejoining that server, or just join another server.

That said, some sort of map repository accessible via the launcher wouldn't be bad to let people try out new maps, and allow mappers to submit content to the repository. This is an entirely different feature than auto-download, though -- this is essentially just a file browser.

The "best" solution would be find a fix for the issue (which seems elusive), or to write a separate system entirely, but I'm not entirely sure how practical/possible such a thing would be. In the mean time, my only real suggestions are to limit map file size, or occasionally push well-made fan maps via patches.

If the server downloads all custom maps first, the list of 3 or 4 or 20, before joining, the player will have them when they are rotated. Leaves them high and dry from the game browser, but everyone wishes the downloader in unreal works but it is indeed elusive. I am just saying I seen games use a launcher that checks a server for a text-based list of mods it uses, cross-checks a repository to queue all the downloads they will need, and then begins the launch process.

While I was thinking about it, I found a little discussion that claimed to get UT3 http-redirect to work.

https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/91 ... oad-faster

As well as: https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/60 ... is-working!

Did you try all the following settings?

[ipDrv.TcpNetDriver]

AllowDownloads=False

ConnectionTimeout=30.0

InitialConnectTimeout=200.0

AckTimeout=1.0

KeepAliveTime=0.2

MaxClientRate=15000

MaxInternetClientRate=10000

RelevantTimeout=5.0

SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0

ServerTravelPause=4.0

NetServerMaxTickRate=30

LanServerMaxTickRate=35

IdleServerTickRate=30

DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload

DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload

NetConnectionClassName=IpDrv.TcpipConnection

AS WELL AS:

GameName=ut -> This should instead be "GameName=renx" right?

That's not a horrible solution, but it would require adding this information to the server list (or adding some entirely new mechanism), and would require transferring a ton of data (several GB) if someone were running a custom maps server with many custom maps. Similar to writing an entirely separate in-game transfer system, this would likely require a substantial amount of code, but would certainly be possible.

I do plan to go back to looking at this, once I've finished up some web interface stuff for the ladder; lately, I've been working on some general improvements (i.e: cleaner tokenization) on Jupiter (Stats bot), which may ultimately end up powering the web interface to the ladder as well.

Edit: oh look you updated your post, and I'm apparently very slow at typing responses.

Pretty much every stupid setting has been toyed with, and nobody has found something that really fixes the issue though. You're more than free to mess with these, and if you find a solution (especially with Engine.ChannelDownload's slow speed), feel free to post about it. GameName should have little to no impact, though.

it already works only with slow internet and large files it breaks exactly at 30 seconds. Despite different setting

If you have a fast Internet connection is not a problem then you manage inerhalb 30 seconds.

ConnectionTimeout=30.0 to ConnectionTimeout=60.0 makes no difference.

[ipDrv.TcpNetDriver]

AllowDownloads=True

AllowPeerConnections=False

AllowPeerVoice=False

ConnectionTimeout=60.0

InitialConnectTimeout=200.0

AckTimeout=1.0

KeepAliveTime=0.2

MaxClientRate=15000

MaxInternetClientRate=20000

RelevantTimeout=5.0

SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0