How to set up a RenX Sever on Steam platform?

EmuSirius

This game borrows stats and name from steam if you have it open, and doesn't if you don't, but can be played without steam. You also can't join friends via steam iirc. You need to manually join them ingame. It isn't that hard, join the same server in the list, and switch teams in-game till you are on same team.

This game borrows stats and name from steam if you have it open, and doesn't if you don't, but can be played without steam. You also can't join friends via steam iirc. You need to manually join them ingame. It isn't that hard, join the same server in the list, and switch teams in-game till you are on same team.

The RENX server network is banned by "The Great Firewall" of my country,I can't join any server through the RENX Launcher.So the only method to play this game with my firends is that ,I set up a RenX Sever via Steamwork,I invite my Steam Friends to join my Server via Steam Platform...Any “Server Master” can help me ?

Steam has no "version" of this game and no server for this game unfortunately.

The standalone is currently the only version, they could only submit the game to Steam Greenlight if they got permission from EA (they are a non-profit fan-base development team unrelated to EA). EA won't get back to them with an answer when they try to contact them. So Steam has no version.

I am also not clear which country firewall is blocking the server listing, can't be germany as they have a huge community, but you may be able to direct connect to servers by entering the IP shown in the launcher information, unless the server itself is also blocked, in which case I believe a steam version connecting to a server would also fail to connect as well.

I am in collaboration with at least one of the 3 regularly populated community servers, as well as a collaborator to development and inter-community informant. That is where I credit my source of information from.

Feel free to post if direct connect and entering an ip works or not, or if you need instructions on how to do that. If you are able to get the server list and not connect, it may be the game server and not the listing server, in which case you might be able to join a renx official server, or EKT instead of TMX or something.

You can host a server on your local network, and then proceed to play purely on your local network using local IP addresses. Since this traffic never leaves the local network, it can't be affected by external firewalls -- just make sure no other firewalls block the application (i.e: add an exception for it in Windows firewall).

The default port for the server will be 7777.

Edit: To clarify, this will only permit local play. If you're looking for internet play, and your ISP is blocking this traffic for whatever crazy reason, then this wont be on any help.

I do recall UDK supporting steam sockets, which are generally useful for things like NAT traversal, so you may want to look into that and see if it helps any maybe?

I am also not clear which country firewall is blocking the server listing, can't be germany as they have a huge community, but you may be able to direct connect to servers by entering the IP shown in the launcher information, unless the server itself is also blocked, in which case I believe a steam version connecting to a server would also fail to connect as well.

I believe he meant the firewall of China...

I believe he meant the firewall of China...

That was my first thought, but you know many countries have firewalls. Could be China, North Korea, Germany, or many others.