Getting a TS Vehicle Crate Early-Game

Getting a vehicle in a crate in the first minute, is very game swaying. I am just suggesting it get a formula reading time and being 0 percent if before 2 minutes and being it's default non-multiplier weight after 2 minutes. That way there is no way to crate a ts vehicle 2 minutes in or earlier, because a current server that has increased odds of ts vehicles has a lot occur as first-crate-of-game, and that snowballs to no end because it is the first established uncontested vehicle in the game a whole minute in, and remains so for a whole 2 minutes.

• Totem Arts Staff
then again its a mystery crate so you know

you can get nuked, c4, go with scrin, die, etc.

Those are all possibilities, yes.. but they don't have the highest of chances of completely changing the game in the 1st 2 minutes.

Already mentioned this to B0ng, and will probably pass it along to get edited so that TS vehicles/vehicles in general are less likely to drop in the early game. Honestly, Hover MRLS on Walls at the beginning basically forces the other team into their base to repair that insane damage.

• Totem Arts Staff
What was the reason in the first place to get rid of the 150 credit only crates ~5 minutes at the start of a match? Or was this just completely forgotten when changing the tib sun vehicle drop rate.

Crates were completely re-made. They're no longer what they used to be, and some of their functionality was lost in the midst of that process.

I personally don't like that perhaps the best feature of the new update (tib sun vehicles) is tied to the crate system. With the default spawn rate, there is a good chance no new vehicles will be seen the whole game. With an increased chance, people will go crate hunting crazy, leave their tanks, stop attacking, etc.

A better system would be in my opinion to in addition make them purchasable from WF/AS, but at a high price, like 2-3x the vanilla tanks (say 3000 for a Titan, etc), where you essentially "pay for the skin". It would make battles possible which we've seen in the Beta 5 trailer.

I would bet that nobody would see them most games either then, especially on non-economy maps where both teams are at even struggle. Also, there would be witchhunts for people that bought them right before the refinery died, finger pointing and all that.

To be fair, CT has the highest drop rate, fair enough since marathon would be hurt more by a higher one but I believe EKT still increased their rate so you see them every 10 minutes rather than 30. That being said, you see multiple EVERY match, and the crate stupidity sorts itself out rather well considering it flips games against the "field owners" which creates a comeback mechanic if anything. It can also be a snowball mechanic depending on how meticulous the field owners farm them, but especially nod always has the advantage if they don't have field they can always access crates. So far this has worked fairly well in gameplay, aside from the early game ones, the midgame even if factories are down enjoys a variety of vehicular combat but not enough to sustain rushes.

But honestly, Yosh and I and many others humored around the idea of having a tech system that lets you have a choice between progression at a cost of midgame credit-supply.

"Also, there would be witchhunts for people that bought them right before the refinery died, finger pointing and all that."

I don't understand this, how it is bad if someone buys an expensive vehicle right before refinery dies?

CT has a high crate drop rate, but that is distorting the gameplay way too much. People leave their tanks, literally give up fighting each other just to reach the next crate and get something.

I have played some games on EKT1, and the vehicles are still very rare, like you see maybe 1-3 in a normal game.

You say the crates flip the game for field owners, well I see the opposite, the team that has the field camps the crate locations and gets all the vehicles for themselves (as soon as you get a veh with SBH the GDI tanks will shoot your dead).

But not counting all this, there is just one thing. Every game I have played recently I see an influx of brand new players, who are all asking "where are the new vehicles?" "the ones we've seen in the trailer?" "how can we play them?". Then people tell them "go hunt for crates", and if you are lucky you might see 1 in the whole game. Or you play on CT and you experience CrateHuntX instead of RenX.

This Beta5 update has a lot of potential, but it's hiding it's greatest asset behind curtains way too much in my opinion.

I agree with how many people are asking the same question about those vehicles.

I just think a reskin is not very tasteful in context of canon. However, prototype units in short-supply is believable. I wouldn't even mind if they were advanced stronger units for purchase after an expensive upgrade and only periodically. They just need not become a "flagrant" part of the game.

Those are all possibilities, yes.. but they don't have the highest of chances of completely changing the game in the 1st 2 minutes.

Already mentioned this to B0ng, and will probably pass it along to get edited so that TS vehicles/vehicles in general are less likely to drop in the early game. Honestly, Hover MRLS on Walls at the beginning basically forces the other team into their base to repair that insane damage.

I have been in a match when a dude got lucky and got an early wolverine. Cnc- Canyon I think and he just put us in an extremely bad tactical position during early gamez. Must be nerfed, especially playing at constructive tyranny X5 tib sun vehicle crate spawn rate server.

Oh, I forgot to mention in this here.

The next patch (no ETA) will include a configurable variabled named "StartSpawnTime", which is specified in each crate class. Here are the defaults at the moment (subject to change):

Money, Refill, Suicide, TimeBomb, Nuke, and Abduction crates are always available.

Character and Speed crates are available after 2 minutes.

Spy crates are available after 4 minutes.

Vehicle and TSVehicle crates are available after 5 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

do the new crates work in offline skirmish?