Best specs for a 40-player server?

suchconquer

I might want to start my own community in the future, and I am wondering what specs are optimal for a server that caters to both Europeans and North Americans. I have heard that Wintel servers with high clock processors are apparently more useful than multicores, and that 1 gbps is a must. But I don't exactly know what this build of UDK runs best at. Can a server owner or a developer push me in the right direction towards what hardware I need to run a 40 player server 24/7?

My very thanks in advance. :)

Quad core 2.8ghz or better udk server uses around 1.5gb of ram and when full around 2-3gb. So a server with 16gb of ram would be plenty. (I found lower clock speeds caused the vech lag on my dedi back when it was an issue in beta1 hence why i suggest 2.8 ghz or higher)

HDD speed doesnt really matter as the main loading is only done on map change.

Pretty sure others would have different opinion but what do I know lol! Hope this helps.

Goks

Quad core 2.8ghz or better udk server uses around 1.5gb of ram and when full around 2-3gb. So a server with 16gb of ram would be plenty. (I found lower clock speeds caused the vech lag on my dedi back when it was an issue in beta1 hence why i suggest 2.8 ghz or higher)

HDD speed doesnt really matter as the main loading is only done on map change.

Pretty sure others would have different opinion but what do I know lol! Hope this helps.

Goks

Tyvm <3