How to Decompile .U files into Original .UC Format!

RoundShades

The following is a trick to decompile .U mutator files, already compiled from .UC files, and thus getting back the raw .UC files. This is to see how they work to learn to make your own mutators.

1) Create a .Bat file. Start with a text document, name it Decompiler.bat, and set the file type to "All Files". Now, delete the .txt file and keep the .bat file.

2) Enter the following into the .bat file (edit, not run), replace the quoted locations with the location of your own SDK downloaded from the RenX Website Download Page:

"C:\Program Files\RenX SDK\Binaries\win32\udk.exe" batchexport %1 class .uc "C:\Program Files\RenX SDK\Decompiled%~n1\Classes\"

3) To get a mutator from a server you recently played on, go to "*[RenX Game Location]\UDKGame\Cache". It will have .UXX files, and with funny names, but use the date-modified file info, to get which mutator you got on which date you played on what server.

4) Take that .UXX file, and drag-dop it onto the .bat file you just created. A command prompt should come up, and some errors as well which are perfectly normal. It may also ask you to update scripts, which doesn't matter. Afterwards, it should say on the last line of the cmd prompt "success" and the decompiled mutator will be in the "decompiled" folder of your SDK (or wherever you specified the output folder, the second set of quotes in the .bat file)

5) The .UC files will be in /classes/ and will be human readable and will format correctly to Notepad++ with imported "User Defined Language" if you download the Unrealscript languge for it. You can see how they function from there and learn Unrealscrpt.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
2) Enter the following into the .bat file (edit, not run), replace the quoted locations with the location of your own SDK downloaded from the RenX Website Download Page:
"C:\Program Files\RenX SDK\Binaries\win32\UT3.exe" batchexport %1 class .uc "C:\Program Files\RenX SDK\Decompiled%~n1\Classes\"

Do you need to have UT3 installed or something? I only managed to get this to work with the UT3.exe from my UT3 installation. Not the UDK.

"C:\Program Files\RenX SDK\Binaries\win32\UT3.exe" batchexport %1 class .uc "C:\Program Files\RenX SDK\Decompiled%~n1\Classes\"

Do you need to have UT3 installed or something? I only managed to get this to work with the UT3.exe from my UT3 installation. Not the UDK.

...replace... the installation directory... in the text above... with your sdk installation directory...

Well, I was stupid because really it should be UDK.exe rather than UT3.exe... So like this:

"C:\Program Files\RenX SDK\Binaries\win32\udk.exe" batchexport %1 class .uc "C:\Program Files\RenX SDK\Decompiled%~n1\Classes\"

Thanks, my bad, and edited main page. I at first started to come off as condenscending because I thought you literally just didn't make the location your own directory, then I realized for some unknown reason I made the executible the unreal3 and not unrealdevelopmentkit... Idk why I did that... Good Catch...

"C:\Kyle'sGames\Renegade X\renx sdk\Binaries\win32\udk.exe" batchexport %1 class .uc "C:\Kyle'sGames\Renegade X\renx sdk\Decompiled\Mutator\Classes\"

I used this and it has worked several times for me. This of course is my own directory on my computer. Are you sure?