Stank shooting while invisible

HaTe

Stealth tank can shoot and remain cloaked. Not sure if this is related to any other glitch or not (or is already reported) and haven't tested if the SBH can do it or not too. Easily reproducible when you know how. Dev please PM me to know how, as I'd rather not have people using this in-game.

Stealth tank can shoot and remain cloaked. Not sure if this is related to any other glitch or not (or is already reported) and haven't tested if the SBH can do it or not too. Easily reproducible when you know how. Dev please PM me to know how, as I'd rather not have people using this in-game.

I won't say anything more than that I was able to reproduce it too. I also don't think the sbh can do it.

Bad news is this is likely due to Unreal's signature problems with remembering what it is doing while it is doing other stuff and/or through latency in a network.

Good news is it should be an easy fix of adding a wee bit of code. More good news, is that a firing stank is fairly obvious, cloaked or not, sound or not. The best it can be used for is easier escape while not destroying your stank, as the recloak time will be instant since it is basically already cloaked. I cannot see someone exploiting this getting any real advantage over me ingame though. Especially looking at my youtube videos.

Stanks and stealth frustrate me in many ways, but I am easily able to see stealth. The only time I am ever ran over, is when it comes from an angle in such a way that I didn't notice it until running to the side wasn't fast enough, and even then I see it before it happens but the sheer width and speed of the vehicle makes seeing it not very helpful at that point.

In that regard, here is to hoping they patch the stank firing while cloaked bug, as well as increase it's range and make the missiles fire from closer together and more straight from the front.

Edited by Guest

I'm not sure how you were able to accurately reproduce it from this video, considering that nothing in the video itself shows how to do it. All the video is is me firing the stank, nothing more. If you want to go further into that discussion though, PM me about it lol. I'm sure anyone can figure it out eventually while messing with it, now that they know the bug exists though

I do agree with your point on making the stank shoot more straight out and at less of an arc, but I think that the range is decent enough personally.

I'm not sure how you were able to accurately reproduce it from this video, considering that nothing in the video itself shows how to do it. All the video is is me firing the stank, nothing more. If you want to go further into that discussion though, PM me about it lol. I'm sure anyone can figure it out eventually while messing with it, now that they know the bug exists though

I do agree with your point on making the stank shoot more straight out and at less of an arc, but I think that the range is decent enough personally.

Here is a video when I reproduced that glitch, by the way:

For nostalgia sake if nothing else, it needs to reach the WF from the entrance of GDI base. I know the game isn't very scale, the map is marginally larger so the range would in fact be longer than intended, but for the tank's functionality to be similar to Renegade, the tank has to be threatening from within an enemy's base to just about the whole perimeter.

Currently, I think it has just about the range of the flame tank, albeit the flame tank is not optimal at it's max range unlike the stank. BTW I love how easy it feels to hit enemies with the flame tank, how effective it is to hit even at max range, and how well it scales up the closer you get. Now you can at least get injuries on enemies at max range with a hitbox that makes sense, and still get the function of huge point blank damage. I always thought Unreal volumetric projectile was a good idea for it.

This doesn't work.

Try it on a regular match and you'll see that everyone can still spot you.

This is a client-side bug. You are the only one that experiences it.

And to reproduce it, simply shoot with LMB and while holding that down move over to RMB and then let go of LMB and vice-versa.