I've just won 3 hour long Walls marathon

Lt.Hargrove

Happened on EKT. The ending was so epic my game crashed. A flame rush that was in the making for 1.5 hour that with heavy losses managed to barely make it. A damm good game.

It started off with a standard double nuke, but I have planted a glitched nuke at Barr flag pole (I was caught last second and had an MRLS on my ass, so I misplaced it. I wanted it to land between the sandbags and the pole, it landed inside it). Nod was ahead for a long time, but then we lost ref to infiltration. We have managed to push GDI hard, though. They have lost Ref quickly after. However, a humvee rush got our PP and we have lost steam. GDI became the agressor and managed to secure a stellar MRLS hitsquad that combined with 2 MRLS on the wall has both forced repairs on HoN and crushed every thing we have send at them. After 15 a mammy reinforced their presence and the game became a stalemate, as they couldn't quite go for the kill. However, a skilled SBH squad has managed to tank their front proximities and managed to c4 WF MCT.

After that, we got all of their vehs and the infamous crate wars have begun. For the first hour GDI had the upper hand, but we slowly accumulated money through systematically killing their vehs/sydneys (they got like 5 from crates, go figure) and suicide paradrops form chinooks on their PP, which had 60 mines on it. We had an amazing crate streak - 1 apache, 1 chinook, some 1k characters. We had 1 leftover arty from an AFK and 1 bought light tank. We took both the veh routes and the plateu despite being met with very heavy resistance. Then the epic happened. 6 Flame tanks and all other vehs we had crushed their front, but they were prepared. Me, leading the charge, took a remote mine to the tracks of my tank and then got wrecked by grenadiers before I could either plant a c4 or rep other tanks. 20 seconds later, after hearing a loud 'UGHHHH!" in my thougts when I was moving from the spawn, PP suddenly dropped to red, and then got destroyed. And then my game crashed. And it was a cool story, bros.

Thats why I love marathons so much. My fav was field on GDI with just the bar left. Few EKT guys and myself rushed the obi. Managed to get it and then it was down hill for Nod after that!

That map lasted around 3hours.

... It started off with a standard double nuke, but I have planted a glitched nuke at Barr flag pole (I was caught last second and had an MRLS on my ass, so I misplaced it. I wanted it to land between the sandbags and the pole, it landed inside it). Nod was ahead for a long time, but then we lost ref to infiltration ...

I couldn't get this out of my mind the second I've read it and tried to read the rest. This part got stuck, somehow.

-Glitched beacon sigh-

Marathon is fun for the hardcores who have time to play hours on end, but casuals get bored after 10 minutes of nothing happening, then quit the game forever.

I remember 1 game from the old ren marathon, I believe it was Under. The game was a stalemate from the start, after 2 hours I quit to go to bed. The next morning I went back to check the game and it was still on! a solid 8 hours of 1 map! Thats the good old fun!

Even more wonderfull (sorry) Vanilla World of Warcraft had this PvP zone called Alterac Valley. Back in the days, a single Alterac Valley game lasted for days or weeks even. It was a continuous tug-of-war without end.

I enjoy those kind of stalemates, but when a team wins due to a glitch, thats sooooo off-putting, it ruins the fun for me.

The "casuals" as you say, get bored after 10 minutes. But a solid game plan or tactic isn't set up in 10 minutes. These "casuals" are regarding Renegade X as "just another FPS" which HAS to be fast-paced and must end within a certain amount of time, like (yes I bring this up again!) CoD or BF4. RUN SHOOT KILL CAP DIE RUN SHOOT KILL CAP DIE RUN SHOOT KILL CAP DIE.

Renx isn't like that at all, sure it is sort of fast paced, but the teams (GDI and Nod) are so different they require tactics and no head-on-engagements.

Marathon is fun for the hardcores who have time to play hours on end, but casuals get bored after 10 minutes of nothing happening, then quit the game forever.

I remember 1 game from the old ren marathon, I believe it was Under. The game was a stalemate from the start, after 2 hours I quit to go to bed. The next morning I went back to check the game and it was still on! a solid 8 hours of 1 map! Thats the good old fun!

Even more wonderfull (sorry) Vanilla World of Warcraft had this PvP zone called Alterac Valley. Back in the days, a single Alterac Valley game lasted for days or weeks even. It was a continuous tug-of-war without end.

I enjoy those kind of stalemates, but when a team wins due to a glitch, thats sooooo off-putting, it ruins the fun for me.

The "casuals" as you say, get bored after 10 minutes. But a solid game plan or tactic isn't set up in 10 minutes. These "casuals" are regarding Renegade X as "just another FPS" which HAS to be fast-paced and must end within a certain amount of time, like (yes I bring this up again!) CoD or BF4. RUN SHOOT KILL CAP DIE RUN SHOOT KILL CAP DIE RUN SHOOT KILL CAP DIE.

Renx isn't like that at all, sure it is sort of fast paced, but the teams (GDI and Nod) are so different they require tactics and no head-on-engagements.

I should say that not everyone is a casual player, probably most of them but not everyone, I played Renegade since it release and I always prefered a time limit (1 - 2 hours). Not because marathon isn't funny, only because I don't want to use the time I have to play in only 1 map or even leave without finish it.

I should say that not everyone is a casual player, probably most of them but not everyone, I played Renegade since it release and I always prefered a time limit (1 - 2 hours). Not because marathon isn't funny, only because I don't want to use the time I have to play in only 1 map or even leave without finish it.

I tend to prefer time limited games because of this as well. I occationally played marathon games (only when I knew I could play a long time) but for the most part I far prefer finishing a game to the end in a time limited game. That way I can get multiple games in :)

The "casuals" as you say, get bored after 10 minutes. But a solid game plan or tactic isn't set up in 10 minutes. These "casuals" are regarding Renegade X as "just another FPS" which HAS to be fast-paced and must end within a certain amount of time, like (yes I bring this up again!) CoD or BF4. RUN SHOOT KILL CAP DIE RUN SHOOT KILL CAP DIE RUN SHOOT KILL CAP DIE..

Yeah dem filthy casuals. I always said we should password lock all servers with changing passwords every new game (game crashes after map change anyway). The Glorious Renegade Elite shouldnt mingle with dem dirty CoD peasants. :cool:

I would like to see 24/7 Field servers. They should also spam WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW? in chat for extra lulz. :o

Yeah dem filthy casuals. I always said we should password lock all servers with changing passwords every new game (game crashes after map change anyway). The Glorious Renegade Elite shouldnt mingle with dem dirty CoD peasants. :cool:

I would like to see 24/7 Field servers. They should also spam WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW? in chat for extra lulz. :o

I like your sarcasm :P

However, this isnt what I meand. I mean, the more the better right? Well, Renegade X is a game UNLIKE any other and is played UNLIKE any other. I'm a casual player in regards to gaming in it's entirety. The RenX community likes the way RenX is, the game shouldn't change because it appeals to the larger masses. As far as I can gather the opinions of the Devs, RenX is RenX and plays like RenX and not any other FPS games. The Devs are fans of the old C&C Renegade, back from 2002. It's been many years developing this game since then to come to this point, ALL in their free time, unpayed for their work. I have no worries the Devs will chang anything to the game "just to appeal to the masses". Thats right, C&C Renegade fans are developping this game. When people realize that, any suggestions made to appeal to the larger mass will backfire unless it's deemed a great addition to the RenX gameplay.

Sure some adjustments are needed to make it "feel" better and those suggestions may come from other FPS games, but it doesn't mean they should.

However, this isnt what I meand. I mean, the more the better right? Well, Renegade X is a game UNLIKE any other and is played UNLIKE any other. I'm a casual player in regards to gaming in it's entirety. The RenX community likes the way RenX is, the game shouldn't change because it appeals to the larger masses. As far as I can gather the opinions of the Devs, RenX is RenX and plays like RenX and not any other FPS games. The Devs are fans of the old C&C Renegade, back from 2002. It's been many years developing this game since then to come to this point, ALL in their free time, unpayed for their work. I have no worries the Devs will chang anything to the game "just to appeal to the masses". Thats right, C&C Renegade fans are developping this game. When people realize that, any suggestions made to appeal to the larger mass will backfire unless it's deemed a great addition to the RenX gameplay.

Sure some adjustments are needed to make it "feel" better and those suggestions may come from other FPS games, but it doesn't mean they should.

This is exactly what RenX is about, almost brings a tear to my eye reading this :o