Launcher Player names

Truxa

Hi,

Am I the only one "always" being anoyed by those "anonimous" player0000 people? I mean, entering a name in the launcher isnt that hard, is it?

I understand that people might be using the ingame server list to gain entry to a server, but the launcher should still be up, right? So the "player0000" ID for people not using a nickname could still be altered into a nickname when started from the ingame list.

When I do not use Steam in the background, I am still portrayed as "Truxa" in the ingame player list, so why is it so hard for others?

It's anoying to be killed by Player1234, or seeing Player6969 cheat and kick Player9696 (notice the difference?)

Those nicks are unique, but not quite so much distinctive.

Solution:

Make it mandatory to come up with a unique nickname in the launcher screen, or else the game won't start. Also, playing against player0000 feels like playing against bots.

People who still want to play as player0000 can enter that as a nickname, same as people pretending to be bots. Player9696

Hi,

Am I the only one "always" being anoyed by those "anonimous" player0000 people? I mean, entering a name in the launcher isnt that hard, is it?

I understand that people might be using the ingame server list to gain entry to a server, but the launcher should still be up, right? So the "player0000" ID for people not using a nickname could still be altered into a nickname when started from the ingame list.

When I do not use Steam in the background, I am still portrayed as "Truxa" in the ingame player list, so why is it so hard for others?

It's anoying to be killed by Player1234, or seeing Player6969 cheat and kick Player9696 (notice the difference?)

Those nicks are unique, but not quite so much distinctive.

Solution:

Make it mandatory to come up with a unique nickname in the launcher screen, or else the game won't start. Also, playing against player0000 feels like playing against bots.

People who still want to play as player0000 can enter that as a nickname, same as people pretending to be bots. Player9696

For me, it's annoying getting killed by ANYONE, with ANY name. But, that's because I'm ill-tempered and impatient. Get annoyed easily.

It's just as annoying seeing Truxa, when I'm killed.

Oh, hi Trux Deluxa , btw! :D

I have this weird thing with names, I always come up with some weird variant for someone's nick, not everyone's, but for a lot of people.

But, yeah...the most annoying thing about people just simply going with a name that's a number after "player" is that you cannot really remember them all that well. You're not sure if it's the same person who you've killed a lot, talked a lot with or had a lot of fun with in a previous match, earlier that day or the day before.

Oh, btw...checked you on the Board...1,410 Kills and only 475 deaths...You little...! :mad:

Hi Matt!

Seen you commenting on a few posts before but didn't take the occasion to properly saying hi so there you go :P HI!

:D

About those kills/deaths, I liked sniping a lot earlier and I aim to get a K/D above 1 in any way possible, usually because I'm defending lately. Seems like no one is defending so might as well be me. Lacking score but having higher K/D. Or participating in tunnel rushes, going suicidal but having my team picking up the scraps and controlling that part of the map.

Months ago sniping was easier than it is now (too many snipers getting pro at it :P ) and a K/D of 30+ was "normal". Now though, I'm lucky if i get 8+.

On Topic:

I have to agree with you on the "remembering" part. It helps with dieing less :P If you see someone you know is a good sniper (like Food or some TmX players) or a great tech/hot rusher (like HesH) on the opposing team, I know where and how to defend against them, yet when you only have people as "player0000" you do not know what type of player you are playing against. Comes with playing too much I guess :P