Built with UDK stopped working

Moshik21

Having the same problem, game goes to load like normal then get kicked back to desktop with half black screen and a message box pops up saying "Built With UDK Stopped Working" Ive installed UDK in hopes that maybe that was what was causing the issue but that didnt work. Any help would be greatly appreciated though it seems theres alot of questions on the forums here and not many answers, so naturally I wont get my hopes up expecting any help. /shrug

You click on the Renagade X icon, and it shows the beginning screen, then it goes full screen and its just black with the curser doing the loading sign, then it goes back to the home screen with a error that says Built with UDK error closing program.. im having the same problem on windows XP and windows 8. My windows 8 is running 64 bit and my XP is running 32 bit, but they both get the same error.

Yo, I am having the same problem.

I myself have windows 7 on my i5 3.3GHz 4GB RAM 64bit Nvidia GT530 1GB ram.

it does work on my laptop, and that's an i3 2.2GHz with 2 GB RAM

You click on the Renagade X icon, and it shows the beginning screen, then it goes full screen and its just black with the curser doing the loading sign, then it goes back to the home screen with a error that says Built with UDK error closing program...

help!!!

I have been getting this error after each game ends and before the next game starts

Running Windows 7 64bit

i5 3.3gHz 4GB Ram

nVidia GT640 2GB

I copied the error message:

Rendering thread exception:
Fatal error!

Address = 0x120dc31  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xbf7b972c (filename not found) 
Address = 0xb9d83ec6 (filename not found) 
Address = 0x155f473  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

Should I just reinstall????

I'm not sure.. I have now gotten it to work on both my windows 7 and windows 8 computers. I didn't just re-install mine, (which i tried repeatedly) i re-downloaded it from a different mirror. downloading files, a million things can go wrong. Like on my windows 8 if you leave the computer on the screen goes black and to save power it shuts off the internet, which interrupts the download. i had to turn of power save and i ended up just babysitting the download till it finished. If you have tried other solutions and they haven't worked i would definitely uninstall and delete the downloaded file and re-download it from a different mirror. if the files are corrupt re-installing won't fix anything because its pretty much compiling all the files that you have already downloaded and putting a pretty bow on it. if there is a corrupt file re-installing it does nothing. I would definitely re-download it and install from the new download, if that doesn't fix the problem then i would start to complain to the developers ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Now have Open Beta 2

Still getting this crash when maps change. All I could get from the crash dump files is this

Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS Personal
Machine Name:
Debug session time: Sun Mar 23 16:01:34.000 2014 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: not available
Process Uptime: 0 days 1:25:58.000
This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(13cc.1438): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
eax=00000000 ebx=0d42b970 ecx=5d70ea00 edx=00000000 esi=0d42b930 edi=356ae2c0
eip=775f0c32 esp=356adf80 ebp=356adf90 iopl=0         nv up ei pl zr na pe nc
cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00000246

If it helps, good, if not I can send the dmp file to the devs