Renegade X changes

Burzum

http://www.twitch.tv/thegunrun/b/496274723

Shows a few things.

What I can remember:

-Mammoth tanks now have two seperate weapons capable of firing in tandem, 4 short range rockets, and 2 shells, and the 2 shells have rapid back to back fire but a reload inbetween each two shots.

-Transport helicopters have explosive round miniguns on both its sides now

-MRLS turret swivels, not always-facing-forward.

-Artillery and vehicle shells have a mild curvature to them. We aren't talking like a limp arrow from a hand crafted bow, we are talking when fired across the map it might hit a bit below the reticle.

-Orca and Apache fire bursts of missiles with long reload now. Most vehicles now act a little different from classic.

-Laser rifle on Stealth Black Hand now fires individual shots with long-duration-laser, each shot does a little more damage when held on an enemy, a little less when swept across an enemy, and requires pecking in gunfights.

-A whole lot of weapons have Aim Down Sight, like auto rifles and PIC and Railgun and Volt Rifles and such.

-Both Teams have Free Class Snipers, along with 500 snipers and Ramjet Snipers. They fire much faster, like 8 shots in 10 seconds, while the 500 and 1k have a slight bolt action animation added between shots. However, that free "marksman" class isn't high damage and each shot only does 1/10th the health of an enemy (pretty sure headshots dont kill)

-Vehicle factories have "queues" now, so if you select a vehicle while someone else is already using it, it will finish the last vehicle and immediately get to yours afterwards, even if it has to do 5 players at once it will produce them one at a time.

-Infantry can spint, and double-clicking the strafe and forward-back keys will roll. Both actions consume stamina, a new circular meter at bottom of screen.

-GDI Patch now has an explosive round sluggish rate autorifle with close-range scope. Flichette gun is now a purchaseable secondary replacment for pistol.

-GDI Sydney 150 unit, with tiberium splash autorifle, has been removed and replaced with a non-duplicate character (McFarland) with a "flak grenade launcher", bringing it inline as a t2 grenade launcher, compared with Nod's chem warrior being a t2 flame warrior. Tiberium auto rifle is a secondary weapon choice replacing pistol.

-Other secondary weapon choices are the basic pistol, the heavy pistol with lower fire rate and clip size, and the machine pistol with short range but fast rate of fire. The tiberium secondary weapons are available if your team has a captured tech silo out in the field.

-Choice between timer c4, or replacing it with a single grenade.

-Unit death animations, when killed by tiberium they turned to bleached skeleton, when exploded or hit with high powered weapon they are sent flying. Note 5:18 in that video, when the enemy engineer gets shelled and flies right at the camera just overhead.

-Donations and locking a vehicle you just purchased from allowing teammates to steal them, are part of the main game files.

-Quick chat commands, such as repair or attack or spotted enemy, are now all done with Q key, and whatever you are aiming at will be announced to your team, taking out a lot of the "memorize quickchat keys" effort.

-Classic beacons and 30 second disarm time are in, and there are new airstrikes are as well. Not sure how they work, but the airstrikes are not instakills, they seem to do heavy non-fatal damage (more fatal to infantry though), and are mildly delayed but faster than superweapon beacons.

Probably missed a lot. Watch the video and other videos and have a read around, you will have a pretty fun time doing so methinks.

I'm slowly watching that video, it's awesome. Renegade X is going to be awesome.

Quick question I think only someone who was playing that game could answer: How did GDI destroy the Airstrip in Walls Flying at 30 min. in the video? The guy recording was defending base when it happened.

Not sure.

One other change I missed, is that this game is on a different engine, leading to many different small changes:

-You can't use a purchase terminal through walls anymore

-Explosives are blocked by walls, if they don't have line of contact they don't go through the wall to do damage (ie tunnel beacons killing nod refinery), airstrikes might glitch or intentionally break the rule from what I seen.

-You cant walk backwards and shoot at the ground to glitch the oblesk into missing firing at you.

-no things like "extras quantifigon" and "extras fqqrm" (no I did not have to look those up, I memorized those cheat codes as well as the debug mode for every Sega Genesis Sonic game)

-There is no way to play without the same files as everyone else in the Unreal engine without servers refusing to show up. Therefore, no custom skins only you have and nobody else, like skins and reticles and models and weapons and such. Theoretically, only way to use custom assets, is to play on your own, or play with people with exact same file as you. Then again, this prevents bighead cheats, rainbow colored snipers and c4, stealth effect removed, and other classic cheats.

Just clearing out a few facts

double-clicking the strafe and forward-back keys will roll

This was removed during beta testing by almost an unanimous vote. The reasons for the removal were, it was not very useful as a sprinting is way better for getting for dodging, to easy to accidentally roll, had allot of exploits related to it (you can roll up angled walls). Because the devs could not resolve all of these things the roll was removed.

Choice between timer c4, or replacing it with a single grenade

You get several grenades.

there are new airstrikes are as well. Not sure how they work, but the airstrikes are not instakills, they seem to do heavy non-fatal damage

Purchasing an airstrike gives you a pair of binoculars which you use to mark your target. They have the power to kill infantry and light vehicles like Humvees and Buggys.

Another thing I noticed is how long it takes to disarm a timed c4. Or am I possibly imagining this?

Also, for the explosives blocked by walls, does that mean engies inside a building can't be hurt by arties? This is a pretty major change in my opinion and I hope there was some discussion about this. This made repairing a building being bombarded by arties a pain, so it gave GDI an incentive to actually push out rather than continuously repairing.

As for things like no obelisk-walk or PT through walls, those were definitely glitches and I don't mind seeing them gone, but I'll still need some time to get used to them.

And there's a death animation for headshots too, I saw a headless Sydney in the video. :P

Just clearing out a few facts
double-clicking the strafe and forward-back keys will roll

This was removed during beta testing by almost an unanimous vote. The reasons for the removal were, it was not very useful as a sprinting is way better for getting for dodging, to easy to accidentally roll, had allot of exploits related to it (you can roll up angled walls). Because the devs could not resolve all of these things the roll was removed.

Choice between timer c4, or replacing it with a single grenade

You get several grenades.

there are new airstrikes are as well. Not sure how they work, but the airstrikes are not instakills, they seem to do heavy non-fatal damage

Purchasing an airstrike gives you a pair of binoculars which you use to mark your target. They have the power to kill infantry and light vehicles like Humvees and Buggys.

Thanks for sharing this! I thought the rolls were a bit much too, but I assumed they just werent worth using. Glad they are gone anyway.

The grenades thing seems stronger and stronger every time I hear it. Maybe though, it only gets so many kills because you really got to use all of them to get a kill, I haven't played so I cant tell.

Airstrikes I figured was a range thing (how else does someone airstrike a wf from out of base), I am also guessing going through a wall was a mistake or it was called at or in a door that opened, because instakilling infantry mid-building-repair is a pretty clutch building kill that is pretty reliable for lack of difficulty. Sounds strong enough though, as far as damage, aside from killing building repairing infantry.