Lets help populate this game fellow players!

RoundShades

This thread is a rally. This game is getting mention in lots of places in the internet. However, the best way we can spread this game around, is to tell others we plan to play it and encourage them to try it. After all, it is on a very familiar game engine that most people can play on, and costs nothing to try.

Hopefully, as interested fans, we can increase the popularity of this game through word of mouth.

So:

I am a member of a clan and an official forum for a developing RTS game, as shown in my signature. I have pitched the game there. Feel free to post here if you want to share the places and people you have shown this game to.

It is important to note the date. It is a month away, don't want to "run out of steam" waiting for the game. It is noteworthy to consider structuring how you will present this game to those you know before doing it, which is why this thread is so early. So consider when it might help, to wait up to 2 weeks before open public beta, to start showing it off.

It is also important not to come off too strong, for instance, try to mention this game casually in a setting where you can swing the conversation to it without sounding random. What I did, was start off with a short description of the game (grudgingly comparing it to battlefield with C&C bases), then elaborate on specific details I like about the game.

What actually helped the most to keep the thread I posted from sinking without replies, was posting thegunrunn's twitch recording of the game. People apparently like the way this game looks, whether familiar with it's legacy or not.

Ive got all my friends I work with ready to play. I work tech support, so my coworkers are all nerds and are into this sort of thing. Hopefully, I can keep them playing.

I am in the same boat as you. I work as IT/Maintenance for a charter school (several campuses), and all of my co-workers (save for my boss, who refuses to try it bc he is too much of a starcraft die-hard) are waiting eagerly for the release.

Ive got all my friends I work with ready to play. I work tech support, so my coworkers are all nerds and are into this sort of thing. Hopefully, I can keep them playing.

I am in the same boat as you. I work as IT/Maintenance for a charter school (several campuses), and all of my co-workers (save for my boss, who refuses to try it bc he is too much of a starcraft die-hard) are waiting eagerly for the release.

did you tell him, if this game peaks other company's interest, that starceaft have designs for their own, sitting on a vaporware shelf, waiting for them to go thru with?

I also forgot, a recent stream brings up a good point. It is difficult to explain this game is non monetized in any way. People hear free, they are all well aware of the common f2p model so they are expecting both a small poorly designed game and tons of pressure to buy in game items. That's the biggest talking point in this game, but it is hard to make people understand it is a fully functional game with access to all features out of the box and no purchaseable game content and that it is in fact. Against the rules for the devs to make any form of sales on this game.

After I went back through and informed some about it being free, and discussed how it isn't just f2p model either, they were much more shocked at how good it looked.

Do not forget that once this will be released in february that it's still a Beta. Seriously, a Beta. If you're advertising for it, which is brilliant, don't forget this important point. (It would be way too sad if people started to flame because of this.)

did you tell him, if this game peaks other company's interest, that starceaft have designs for their own, sitting on a vaporware shelf, waiting for them to go thru with?

I also forgot, a recent stream brings up a good point. It is difficult to explain this game is non monetized in any way. People hear free, they are all well aware of the common f2p model so they are expecting both a small poorly designed game and tons of pressure to buy in game items. That's the biggest talking point in this game, but it is hard to make people understand it is a fully functional game with access to all features out of the box and no purchaseable game content and that it is in fact. Against the rules for the devs to make any form of sales on this game.

After I went back through and informed some about it being free, and discussed how it isn't just f2p model either, they were much more shocked at how good it looked.

A Starcraft FPS...that just gave me goosebumps. Then again, Renegade was kinda the black sheep as far as genre translation; others wernt so lucky *cough* Syndicate, XCOM, et cetera *cough* *cough*

And I can absolutely see people looking at this as a F2P game considering that other private game communities like private WoW servers have irritating "optional" item donation systems.

I was one of those people watching it on and off for a year. Seemed so far away to release though. Been a lot of total conversion mods over the life of Renegade.

I would be upset, like most, for not being wise enough to get into beta earlier, but I typically enjoy making sure to correctly guide developing games if I can help them in beta, and I can honestly say I was not needed here, every single implemented idea and small balance detail is so much better than anything I could have ever came up with.

For instance, I had thought of mammy take rapid-doubleshot. However, I had never thought of giving it the pseudo-flexible firepower of a mrls between its two weapons, with two shells and four missiles total per reload. So much action in that tank.

It seems every design decision is like that in this game. The old steady-use weapons like mammoth tank cannon and laser rifles, have turned into chunky firepower and burst pecking. Instead of holding a trigger and sweeping a bit, you have to actively guide shots and choose trigger pulls and fire different modes in the same gunfight.