UDK Mac Support

ethansk8ter

Because UDK now has mac support, will Renegade X be available for mac?

I understand that normally, publishing a game on multiple platforms requires reprogramming. I'm not sure to what extent UDK supports mac, but we know now it's more easily possible. You guys would definitely get many more users from adding mac support.

No idea how the online play would be for those Mac players. I Know when they made UT2004 for MAC there was a compatibility issue when playing online for about a year till there was an update to the MAC version. Wonder if there would be a similar issue with the UDK build if there is to be one.

Yeah, UT3 (or whatever they call it now that it has DX11) is newer though. Who knows. Singleplayer is the game, multiplayer is a fun extension of the game. Apparently, all you have to do to export the game for mac is change a few settings on frontend. Therefore, since it will not take more than a day to finalize and test it, there is absolutely no reason that they should not have a mac version (For singleplayer I agree that multiplayer might be a bit of an issue).

• 2 years later...