The Old Westwood Renegade ranking system.

TheGroundsKeeper

I personally thought it was an exellent system, you got a + or - score dependeble on if you won or lost, and it keept people playing their best and not quitting the game, even on the loosing side, i also approved on the inability of being able to choose or switch sides on ranked matches, since it ensured people didnt joined the winning side, tipping the strength of the one side even more.

Have You developers thought of theese things? Clearly we need our worldwide hall of fame :)

I personally thought it was an exellent system, you got a + or - score dependeble on if you won or lost, and it keept people playing their best and not quitting the game, even on the loosing side, i also approved on the inability of being able to choose or switch sides on ranked matches, since it ensured people didnt joined the winning side, tipping the strength of the one side even more.

Have You developers thought of theese things? Clearly we need our worldwide hall of fame :)

True, but it was still awesome to fight fo rthe highest ranking :D and the fact that being on a loosing side and knowing if you didnt was in top of the score made you get negative ranking score made everyone fight for it like their lives depended on it :D ive seen the craziest battle won because of it :D

Tried a walls map in 40vs40 where we had only basic infantry and 1 medium tank left we defended like that for like 2hours against a full working nod base, only to die to a combined nuke and flame attack with like 10 secs left lol! Epic Battle i tell ya!!!!, gonna tel my grandchildren about this one for sure :D

But that would never ever had happened if the ranking system werent there, then people would just have left as the buildings was destroyed :mad:

True, but it was still awesome to fight fo rthe highest ranking :D and the fact that being on a loosing side and knowing if you didnt was in top of the score made you get negative ranking score made everyone fight for it like their lives depended on it :D ive seen the craziest battle won because of it :D

Tried a walls map in 40vs40 where we had only basic infantry and 1 medium tank left we defended like that for like 2hours against a full working nod base, only to die to a combined nuke and flame attack with like 10 secs left lol! Epic Battle i tell ya!!!!, gonna tel my grandchildren about this one for sure :D

But that would never ever had happened if the ranking system werent there, then people would just have left as the buildings was destroyed :mad:

There were definitely many a Renegade match that climbed to epic proportions.

I especially loved any game that lasted over 2 hours... because you got to know your team in that time and were able to coordinate much better with each other. I remember being in games that were 4, 6, 8+ hours long!

Now I can't say I ever really paid any attention at all to the ranking system. I just always play to win even to my last breath. But I can understand how a ranking system like this would benefit the overall metagame. It would be a nice touch to the gameplay.

Yea loved the maraton games aswell :D Especially the massive ones with loads of players tried a 62 vs 63 a couple of times(Max was 127 players for some reason in old renegede), damn!!! That was epic, attacks and defences going at it all the time! best action i ever tried in a game, and getting buildings down took hundreds of tries, but when you finally got one down... Daim!!! best feeling in the world :)

• 7 months later...

I regret I didn't took more SS at the time. This is one of the few I have where you can get a sense of how the ranking was displayed.

RankingRenegadeexample_zpsb6501ed1.jpg

Damn, a lot of good memories about the game when I see this and a lot of bad ones because of the horrible weak computer I had at the time.