Renegade X: Community Q&A - Episode #4

Jam

Hey what's up guys, last Sunday another Community Q&A episode was released, but couldn't post a topic on the forums about it because the forums were down.

This week I'm talking about some general Renegade X stuff, and I answer two questions that were asked by the community. I'm also introducing something new to the videos, if it proves to be useful and taken use of by you guys. Here it is, episode number four!

[video=youtube;tguNfSZMGB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tguNfSZMGB0

PS: Don't forget to ask questions for Sunday's video!

Thanks for the answer, neat video.

Maybe give each episode a focus, this time you showed a lot of sniper activity. Next time, focus on something else, building destruction, a specific tank, an SBH infiltrating, repairing vehicles etc. That way, people who watch it and never played the game itself, already get an idea of the possibilities that the game offers, and don't go entirely blind. People will then during the game see these components back into the game, and have some understanding of what is going on when an full APC is rushing to the enemy base.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

It has already been asked in the FAQ, but the FAQ hasn't been updated in a long time and that was long before the UDK:

Will weather effects feature in Renegade-x? If so, what kind of weather effects? It would be fun to fight in light and thick fog, or from a weak drizzle to a complete sight-obscuring downpour.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

Thanks for the question!

I'd love to have the background gameplay as you mentioned, but currently there aren't much Renegade X videos being uploaded, and I myself do not have the PC capable to make such videos :-(

Too bad... And I wouldn't know the first thing about making those gameplay video's. Besides that, my computer is showing the Blue screen of death more frequently, and I'm waiting for it to die out before I start doing any fancy looking game again. Untill then, it's old Renegade and real old games for me.

Interestingly though, I've been working with an 11 year old windows 95 computer, which works perfectly and flawlessly (it was bought with 2 GB, for that time!), and while that computer is unbreakable, working synchronysed with component-computersystems and internet from that age, there are 9 high-tech modern computers for building 3-d images of x-ray scans that are broken within 2 years lying in the corridor. Makes you think what happend to the quality of the chips we used.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.