Renegade-X Steam Group. Could use it to keep the servers populated?

Ghostlight

Hey. I came across this Renegade-X Steam group as I was looking for folks to play with. It has 137 members and 15 are in-game. As I was lurking around the site I recall reading something about thousands of downloads.

Here's a link to the group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/renegadex

So, idea! I'm not assuming every Renegade-X fan has Steam, but I think it'd be a great way to get games together if there were some more advertisements for it on the site. If there are really that many people downloading the client and interested in the project supporting a Steam group for Renegade-X full time would really help the formation of pick up games; especially when you can post events right through Steam.

The only downside, and the other reason I wanted to post about it (after turning up no search results), was that it's invite only. However, I was able to see some of the latest news bits and it looks like they turned off open membership due to bot spam. That's completely reasonable, but I wasn't able to find anyone that could invite me via the chat. There was no IRC or website provided for quick access to someone willing to invite.

So, 1.) I'm looking for an invite! and 2.) I think some steam group advertisement would help get games together beyond Sundays.

I'm still new and could be way off base. It just seems like a cool idea to me.

I'm the admin of it, if you want to get thing going just let me know, i visit these forums several times a day, send me pm's and such and i'll do as you ask.

Awesome. Can you toss sindahive an invite to the group? If you'd be willing to throw together an info thread about it I bet someone would sticky it.