RenegadeX 0.552 installer

kenz3001

• Totem Arts Staff

as people have been having problems with updating Renx to 0.552 i have made this installer from my own installed copy

>>>DOWNLOAD<<<

installer contains :

Renegade X 0.552

All new maps (including custom maps)

All mutators (may be new ones on server)

Editor Fix (this will also changes the main menu back to the UT3 main menu)

install instructions

1. Download from link above or any mirror that may be posted.
  2. Delete the folder "Renegade" from folder "My Documents\Unreal Tournament 3" if you already have renegade installed but could not run it
  3. Run installer DO NOT change the install directory as it is correct.
  4. Run the shortcut on your desktop and join a server.
  5. If for any reason the RenegadeX server client will not run do this:

Making a shortcut of UT3.exe from where ever UT3 is installed or Copy & Paste the original UT3 shortcut, then right click it, click properties and a box will pop up go to the shortcut Tab and add this to the end :

68.168.212.226:1137 -login=Your Nick -password=Your Pass -mod=..\Renegade -solomod

so it look like this :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" 68.168.212.226:1137 -login=Your Nick -password=Your Pass -mod=..\Renegade -solomod

there must be a space after the last " in order for this to work

this will open the mod and log you into Gamespy (UT3 login) and auto connect to the MP-Gaming server as this is the only 1 up that i can see (plus this server has a ranking system :) )

just replace the red text with your gamespy login (UT3 login) and your good to go :)

any problems post it here :)

so i have downloaded the second link, i delete the renegade folder and install your pack still have the same problem here are the error data http://syckaudio.com/renegadeskins/users/nachos85/error%20backup%20files.rar

hope this can help you to fix the problem, and thanks for the work man. if it helps i am runing winxp service pack 3, net frameworck 4.0 and direct x 9.0, i wish you luck cause i def want to play this mod.

• Totem Arts Staff

so the new installer works ok and renx server client will not run ?

Try using the shortcut method above or use Jamnubs server client (its a beta but it should do the trick)

Jam's Server Client 0.1.2

i think the problem lies with the region/language of you system as lots of people with non English (UK/US) had problems updating and using the original .exe that came with the last update

this has nothing to do with me as im only a community member and had nothing to do with making or writing code for the official server client (im not a programmer)

ok i understend but you have been of great help so thanks you, and i allready try the shortcut and works i allready play one game alone, because nobody was there exept for me but i am glad that i can. btw the shortcut is a good solution but not practical fix this exe problem can help ppl that doesnt understend a s...t about computers and want to play the mod, if you are agree you can give the errors files to someone of the staf members perhaps that can help them to find a solution for this.(sorry about my english)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

ok i found out today that the map meteor is named wrong it has .bak on the end from when i was testing a redirect so if you dont wonna download that map just remove the .bak from the end

folder

\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade\Published\Maps

file

Renegade-Meteor.ut3.bak

• 1 month later...