How to get Players and How to get Ingame

K4os

Hi,

i just wanted to let you guys know whats the problem with Renegade-X in my eyes and help others to join the fun in the second part.

For the Team:

One big issue is - of course - that you have to own a copy of UT3 - so if there would be a standalone Version (even as unfinished beta) this would dramatically increase Player numers and the Fun as you would just have to post a link to the Download in the IRC channel of your trust to get ppl playing.

Another problem i had, and im shure im not the only one, as i can see "Player" trying to connect frequently, is that you have to install the Renegade-X client into the damned standard Directory on Drive C: to not be stuck for hours/days at the server file Downloading screen and loose patience.

All i want to say, is that its not important to bring out a Singleplayer mode to show your skills as long no one is playing the much more awaited multiplayer part, wich would be not that much work compared to what you have probably planned with Operation Black Dawn.

For the Players :

1. get a copy of UT3 if you dont already own one. You can buy it somewhere quite cheap these days i guess and for the others there is piratebay. ( serials you can get for example from serials.ws - worked for me )

2. get UT3Patch5.exe and install it

3. get RenegadeX_Beta_v055.exe and install it ( important ! ) to the standard folder on drive C:

- even if your UT3 is located somewhere else.

4. get the RenegadeXServer Files and install them (this will save time)

5. start up Renegade-X and let the updater do his job

6. Play the Game

hope to see you ingame soon !

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey K4os, thanks for the post.

We are working on a standalone version of Renegade X, which should make complications involving UT3 and playercounts disappear. The reason why we're doing Black Dawn first is because it is a necessary stepping stone towards the multiplayer. There are a lot of very basic things that needed to be recoded for the UDK, such as the weapons and vehicles, the HUD, reloading, health and armour, and much more. Almost everything in Black Dawn, therefore, will be used in the multiplayer version, and a lot of the work we are doing now for BD we had to do anyway. We may even be using the map itself in a future gamemode.

Anyhow, we are also working on the multiplayer aspect at the same time, and quite a bit has been done (maps, props). So Black Dawn will help get the word out for the upcoming multiplayer release.