GLHF.tv feature summary video now online!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

On the January 2011 Dev Night, Renegade X members Fobby, Nielsen, and Zixxer joined TheGunrun from GLHF.tv for a live stream and interview event. The full video of the event is three hours long and can be found

Jamnub from MP-Gaming has just made a 26 minute summary video, and it can be found

. We discuss Renegade X's gameplay, its future, and possible features in later versions.

For more cool videos and news updates, follow Jamnub's official Renegade X twitter HERE

When you discuss the possibilities of character changing, you mention that it's part of the game that you can see what kind of weapons are heading towards you just by looking at the recognisable shape. I completely agree, but would it be possible to take one of the characters you have now, and change just one thing (skin colour), and have those as extra options to choose from? That way, people who want to play with a different skincolour can do so, but the recognisability of the characters stays the same.

The thing about sea battles would work really well i think. If not in C&C mode multiplayer, then it would work teriffic as part of assault mode (if you are still planning one). Perhaps with target lasers to aim the gunboats fire. If you do make it in C&C mode after the vanilla version, you could not just remake the game with tweaks, but upgrade the entire concept. Add

shipyards, swimming area's (in case shipyard is destroyed they still need a way to attack the other team), mine layer boats, AA boats (such maps would be exceptional for airbattles, perhaps even extra types of aircraft, bombers, machinegun only orca and apache as cheap first-strike craft etc), perhaps one team with an aircraft carrier as base assaulting an inland base, needing one team to set tanks on the field to win. paratrooper beacon (you place it and people can use it to spawn there and buy new characters (with delay time) untill it's disarmed.

Or just 3 types of hovercraft (attack, infantry and heavy carrier), which allow assaults across waterpaths and can be build in the warfactory. That would be easier then adding almost a new game to the vanilla version :P

one other question, in the video I saw someone shooting something that looked like a gunemplacement. Will those be featured? perhaps as an extra, manned defence?

Yours sincerely,

Demigan