enemy spoted

Qbert987

It wasnt in the orig ren. However, that idea is nice, reminds me of BF 2142 demo...

But there somthing else instead of that.

When someone used the "enemy spotted" command, a orange/yellow "!" appeared above his head so anyone who can see him, could know where the enemys are.

My suggestion: We should combine both :D

*sneak, sneak, oh **** a big orange ! above his head, he spotted me!*

:P

Nah, I know what you mean. Would indeed be handy. Renguard made it possible to see several different icons for different acts.

Vehicle related, a small blue tank would be visible above the one talking ('get in the vehilce! :) )

building related and things like 'enemy spotted' or 'I'm in position' had the big exclamation mark. Don't recall if any other icons were present. But it would be handier if you had a way to SEE what somebody was saying. 'get in the vehicle' would be a blue tank, 'get out of the vehicle' a red one. 'I need repairs' a green tank etc. So if several people are spamming commands, you can quickly discern which one might be talking to you as you can see which one is near.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

• 2 years later...

To answer your question, I quote [NE]Fobby[GEN] in the "beta preview" post (http://renegade-x.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=51084&start=15)

"6. Spotted System: The radio commands will still be available, but another system will be added in Renegade X. Instead of hitting ctrl, alt, ctrl-alt and a number, you'll be able to hit Q at a friendly player or structure or an enemy player or structure, and it'll initiate a general radio command. For example, hitting Q while targetting an enemy will give an audio, text, and radar indication to your allies that there is an enemy that has been spotted. This increases the teamplay in a game, but it'll be designed in a way where it's not too hard to mount a covert attack."

I think they also mentioned it in the last podcast. This is to mirror clan/lan games more, as in those games people had good communication via headsets and could just say "spotted one NOD soldier at GDI ref". To make this easier they wanted this bound to "Q". I hope they give the command to give the vehicle gun to the passenger to another letter ^^