MP-Gaming server is back online!

Jam

The MP-Gaming server is back online after a small period of downtime. You are probably already aware of the amazing extras on our server, but for those that are not familiar with the server here’s a small overview:

• DropIt. Killing someone will not only increase your kill count, but will also drop the poor guy’s weapon. Engineer with a volt-auto rifle for the win!
  • RXBot. A bot written by SkeeterPan which comes with some awesome features such as vehicle locking and the ability to play music on the server (Don’t worry, we’ll only play C&C related music). The bot also relays in-game events to our IRC channel, so even when you’re not in-game, you can still check what’s happening on our server.
  • Taunts. Remember those awesome chat taunts in Renegade? Well, we decided to re-use them and make them available in Renegade X.

So you’re probably already excited about the MP-Gaming server. But before you decide to go into the field and kill everyone with your auto-rifle, here are some things you should read first.

You have to install the Under and Volcano fix which you can download here. http://www.renegade-x.com/releases/RenX_Volcano_Under.rar. Extract the maps here: \My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade\Published\Maps

If you connect to our server your client will automatically download a few files. Due to a bug you can only see the progress of the download for about one second. It will continue downloading after that second but you won’t be able to see the progress, so please be patient and watch the main menu for a bit.

The rank system we made a while ago does not work at the moment due to moving over files between servers. We plan to get it working again as soon as possible, so you can show off your rank to your friends!

We’re also picking up the [MP] Renegade X clan again, so if you like to join (the only requirement is to not be an asshole) feel free to drop one of the clan leaders a message http://forums.mp-gaming.com/forum-560.html.

Okay, you’re probably wondering how you can connect to the server. So here is the information.

• Server Name: RenegadeXServer.com Slaughterhouse #1
  • Server IP: 85.25.143.169:1137
  • Server location: Germany

It’s also recommended to join our Renegade X IRC channel. You are able to interact with the game itself from that channel and check out the status of the server.

• IRC Server IP: irc.mp-gaming.com
  • IRC Channel: #mp-renx, #renx.

We hope to see you online on our server and IRC sometime soon!

If you have any questions regarding the server or something else, feel free to leave a reply and we’ll do our best to provide an answer. ;-)

Jam? I have an problem with that Under and Volcano fix. (Or, at least only Under)

Well, I installed it, but after I wanted to join the server a few moments ago, I needed to reload the whole map again?

I placed that fix in the folder you wrote in....

Cya,

That NASDA dude.

Jam? I have an problem with that Under and Volcano fix. (Or, at least only Under)

Well, I installed it, but after I wanted to join the server a few moments ago, I needed to reload the whole map again?

I placed that fix in the folder you wrote in....

Cya,

That NASDA dude.

Did you install it in the correct directory: C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade\Published\Maps?

Does the problem still occur when you download it automatically? The download worked fine for other people.

@Jam

Well, I placed the fixes in the folder you wrote.

When I want to join, the auto downloader wants to load that map.

@Faperdaper

Yes.

Nice!! Nice updates guys ;) Very appreciated!!

Btw just wondering, when you 'automatically' download the map, does it automatically join ingame after it's fully downloaded? Because I have the idea I'm always watching this main menu screen while the download is already done

Yea the main menu thing while downloading kind of sucks.

There is no way to tell wether or not you are nearly ready to play :/

But remember guys that when its the first time you join the server you have to wait maybe 2 up to 5 minutes

before it finally joins depending on your internet speed. So dont disconnect or exit the game, just give it a couple

of minutes and it'll join the server :)

Some nice setup and information there. There is another problem... some players don't seem to get in. From my observations, except the [MP] members themselves, only a few number of people seem to play on Renegade-X with the map fixes and some extra files. The average player must be aware of the extra files to download or it should be done via the updater. Moreover, I report some people who try to get in my own server and almost all of them close the connection shortly after.