New Maps Reminder and MP's Policy

zunnie

I want to remind everyone that i personally do not want to see Renegade-X turning into a "second Renegade" where

nobody plays the "GOOD" new maps (such as Kenz's maps)...

Thats the one thing that bugs me with regular Renegade, nobody plays the cool new maps...

Renegade-X will be different, and i fully support the mapmakers and will host their maps on the

server we are running.

So a reminder, either download the maps from http://renegadex.game-maps.net or connect to the server and auto-download

it with the game :)

Do not disconnect, the maps Kenz made are awesome and should be played. Although this is my personal opinion :)

Thanks,

greetz zunnie

I agree. Dont leave just because you need to download something, which it does automaticly. Thats just lame.

About the sever thing. An american server is pretty much the LAST thing we need. That will make every american player play there, forcing us EU players to play on the american server as well due lack of people, which in turn, gives us around 160 ping! So it's just fair that for once, in ONE game, that you can be fine with playing with that connection. Especialy since most of us here have to endure it on other games.

You do realise that it was not a problem (for me that is) of having to download the maps, but the hassle of downloading, unpacking, placing them in the right map on your computer for every single map they wanted you to download. I've done it 3 times or so, but after the 7th time reïnstalling Renegade and all extra components, it gets a bit too much to ALSO download the extra maps...

I don't think many people will have problems with extra maps in Renegade-x. You can download by simply connecting. Although it's advisable to add new maps in one's and two's, if you have to download every single time a new game starts, then you will want to get back to the maps you know and don't have to wait on.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

I'm in the USA and I never had problem playing in game, my ping is always about 80 - 150, any more than that and it's because it's on my end.

Just a quick question, Is there a speed limit on the game server? I always seem to get slow speeds when downloading a new map. At lease slower than if I just downloaded them from here.