Why Renegade X should go on Steam

nzdriver

The problem at the moment is that we are simply talking about getting it onto Steam. We should start ACTING to get it to Steam. Steam Greenlight would be a reliable way to get it on, and we should look into the ramifications, but how are we going to get this out there for people who do not use Steam or before we get it on Steam? We need these people to make Greenlight successful.

We should discuss other PR routes as well, to take time off the developers, and get them working on Renegade X instead of worrying about getting the final product out there. I'm not saying we should act on it now, as Renegade X will take time, but we should discuss PR strategy.

My best recommendation is to post everywhere: Reddit, SomethingAwful, C&C Communities, what is left of the Renegade community, etc. But what should we post? Who should do this? And when should we do this?

• 3 weeks later...

Or preferable just keep it a simple download from ModDB and simillar mirrors and servers being ran privately from anyone who wants to, instead of some shady DRM clients servers which could be shut down at any time in the future.

I do not mind if there is an option to download the game through another client, but there should always be a stand alone option to chose from.

RenX on steam would be great not only because of more exposure to a wider audience, but also because it makes it so easy to organise games and groups to play with friends. Please, if possible get it onto steam!

Steam is a must for Renegade X. this will allow maximum exposure, and is a far more popular choice over Origin or uPlay. can't wait! there just not any games out right now worth playing MP. FarCry3 was a joke. Crysis 3 is pretty much dead already. hate CoD. so that leaves BF3, and thats getting boring! bring on Ren X :)

You should really have a look at Natural Selection 2 then. Best MP game I've ever played!