Making a trailer

Demigan

Hi guys,

I learned to make simple alterations and edits to movies at school. I wanted to try it out on the trailers of renegade-x to see if I could get something pleasing out of it. However, the movietool I'm using doesn't have the codex to work with it. Can anyone tell me what tool (not codex) I have to download to be able to work with these movies?

If I succeed in making somthing good, I'll post it here and I might want to try some more.

Tnx!

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Demigan @ Apr 6 2010, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

I learned to make simple alterations and edits to movies at school. I wanted to try it out on the trailers of renegade-x to see if I could get something pleasing out of it. However, the movietool I'm using doesn't have the codex to work with it. Can anyone tell me what tool (not codex) I have to download to be able to work with these movies?

If I succeed in making somthing good, I'll post it here and I might want to try some more.

Tnx![/b]

do you mean ut3/renx demo ?

this is data from the game not a movie best to use fraps or some sort of capture tool when playing the demo in ut3/renx demo

use RypelCam when make ya vids in the ut3 demo its ace you can make the cam go anywere and do any thing ;)

link:
http://www.renegade-x.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3394

QUOTE (kenz3001 @ Apr 6 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you mean ut3/renx demo ?

this is data from the game not a movie best to use fraps or some sort of capture tool when playing the demo in ut3/renx demo

use RypelCam when make ya vids in the ut3 demo its ace you can make the cam go anywere and do any thing ;)

link:
http://www.renegade-x.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3394[/b]

That answers a question I wanted to ask when I succeeded in the trailer.

But what I meant was that I have the renegade-x trailers they made on my computer, and the tool I wanted to use to combine and alter them can't read the visual scenes, only the sounds. In a way a good thing as I don't have to search for a way to rip the music out of the video's. But I don't have an alternate program, so I hoped you guys new a good one.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Demigan @ Apr 6 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That answers a question I wanted to ask when I succeeded in the trailer.

But what I meant was that I have the renegade-x trailers they made on my computer, and the tool I wanted to use to combine and alter them can't read the visual scenes, only the sounds. In a way a good thing as I don't have to search for a way to rip the music out of the video's. But I don't have an alternate program, so I hoped you guys new a good one.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

seems to me that you need to convert the video ... use any encoader you like lol ... imtoo mpeg encoader is very good but you have to "pay" for it

QUOTE (kenz3001 @ Apr 6 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seems to me that you need to convert the video ... use any encoader you like lol ... imtoo mpeg encoader is very good but you have to "pay" for it[/b]

That reminds me, I can probably get the data transformer (or whatever you call it) from school. We need to digitalise and visualise lots of data from movement and multi-camera setups, so using it for this shouldn't be a problem.

My brother got wind of the fact that I wanted to do things like this, and offered me a course so that I could make a promotional movie for his student association AEGEE. Along with programs to do it. So I'll wait and see, and post a movie here later.

Thanks for your help Kenz.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've overcome all the problems with rendering, codex and a lot more. I hope that tomorrow you can watch the small trailer. It will be a remake of the second renegade-x trailer in which they had at the time only humvee's, APC's and stealth tanks at the ready. As I always found it a shame. I'm using material from the other trailers to give it a more complete image of Renegade-x.

One problem I haven't overcome is the level of detail. It isn't shockingly low, but a lot less detailed then in the trailers themselves. Hope you guys won't mind.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

QUOTE (kenz3001 @ May 2 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you can upload video to http://imageshack.us/[/b]

I can't seem to do it. I think there's an error somewhere in the video as it sometimes seems to lag at a different place every time. I'll render it again on lower graphix, those seemed to work just fine. Thanks for the help.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Demigan @ May 2 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't seem to do it. I think there's an error somewhere in the video as it sometimes seems to lag at a different place every time. I'll render it again on lower graphix, those seemed to work just fine. Thanks for the help.[/b]

what video format are you trying to upload ?

Movie:

Thanks Kenz for the format idea, it really helped. I'm going to try and get a higher defenition later on, but right now this will do.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

QUOTE (Demigan @ May 2 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Kenz for the format idea, it really helped. I'm going to try and get a higher defenition later on, but right now this will do.[/b]

After watching it on internet, it won't do at all. But I'll try and fix it tomorrow.

QUOTE (Demigan @ May 2 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Movie:

Thanks Kenz for the format idea, it really helped. I'm going to try and get a higher defenition later on, but right now this will do.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

After watching it on internet, it won't do at all. But I'll try and fix it tomorrow.[/b]

Good job, its a pretty impressive trailer.