C&C and EA

punko24

I was born the same year as C&C well Sept. 20 1995 (C&C1 Was this year)

and i loved it from 4 years old (when i could play)

i live with C&C xD

so if EA kills C&C, They Kill Me!

as they are trying, i will fight back, sometime brothers, i will (or we will xD)

just sayin, i love C&C and if EA kills it, its like killing me, fucking with my cub!

WE (or I) will fight back!

:)

For Kane xD

C&C4 = ...

• 2 weeks later...

C&C has somehow played a big part in my childhood. I've spent a lot of time playing and trying to complete the missions.

I must say EA didn't even do that bad with Generals (the missions might have sucked, and u needed a little bit of fantasy for it) because of the multiplayer aspect in the game. I still play it at least once a week over LAN with a few friends creating huge rushes or impenetrable base defenses.

Then C&C 3 came out (yes i skipped TS) i can't say i loved it, but i also can't say i hated it. Heck, compared to C&C 4 C&C 3 is one of the better C&C games which has been made lol.

Unfortuanetely C&C has been dead for quite some while now. We just have to be happy knowing that EA won't fuck up the name of the brand anymore ghehe...

Oh they will , the 'End of Command and conquer' they called in 4 was just the end of Kane , now they will invent some half assed faction to replace Nod.

I have been around playing this franchise's games since i was like 4 with TD , ahh memories ( I remember watching troops explode when I was a kid :D ) when i heard of Tib sun i just HAD to get it :) it was the best game I had played , oh i remember getting pissed at the game being so slow at times , now that i go back , I see the awesome underneath all that , neve knew of FS till about 2002 , I was addicted to it when i got my hands on it heh.

Never was a big fan of RA but I still liked it (didn't get it till TFD though)

And Renegade , I stil vividly remember getting pissed at doctor Mobius for running towards that fight in the rescue level :lol: I think i had to retry that for like 8 times before i made it through ... never wanted to play that level again :P

At any rate , I wish that ALL of us fans of C&C would get together and pool in some money and use it to buy the license to the franchise from EA , that way we could stop the butchering of the poor desecrated husk it has become.

I'm sad now :( guess i go play some TS...

Well, killed it with C&C4. I actually really like RA3.

I seem to be the only one who does but you know what? That's just how I feel about it. It was the only game that was modeled in a way that compelled me to play it online.

I only started playing C&C with Renegade. I didn't know what it was until Renegade. Actually, no I didn't know what C&C was even when I had Renegade because I didn't play my first RTS C&C until a couple years later. Not only that, but I didn't start playing Renegade as soon as it came out. I got it as a Christmas gift almost a year after its release. I spent most of the first year or two of Renegade in either single player or skirmish. Then I learned of RA2 and started to play that a bit. In fact, that was my first online game experience. Then, later that same day, I decided to try Renegade online and I've been hooked ever since.

My point is, I play very few online games and RA3 met my standards for doing so. Games like C&C3, Generals, RA2, TS, etc... not so much.

The thing about RA3 was that in the second game, they had a not very serious storyline that liked to make fun of itself and a few weird units thrown in. But those units at least had some plausibility within a world where timetravel is possible.

In RA3 itself, they just threw in a million weird things, mixed them together and said 'here's a game!'. Again, the idea was actually great, innovative and one of the many ways they could alter the franchise to keep ahead of the industry. For me though, with a perpetual problem with internet connection with any C&C game with the exception of Renegade, it bores quickly with only single player. Hell, I've played more RA2 then 3 when I finally got the first decade, if only because the music was better in RA2.

So far, I've even come to enjoy Generals as it contains many of the points I prefer in RTS's. Unlimited recources (but you do need to gather them), no 'hard or soft counters', the relative weakness of the buildings allow for better use of stealth stragegy's, and the pace of the game is relatively quick. Getting your big badass army wiped out and having the enemy stampede towards your base isn't neccecarely the end if you are quick enough.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

• Totem Arts Staff

RA3 was too much on the wacky side for me. I've played a few skirmish games and 5 Soviet levels, but I couldn't really get myself to go further. I understand that RA2 was also wacky fun, and it was my favourite C&C RTS gameplay-wise, but the weirdest it got was just things like desolaters, chronosphere, iron curtain, IFVs, etc. It all seemed at least plausible. In RA3 however, I couldn't really care for the sailor moon/girl scout units and Gundams. I can see myself trying it out again in the future, but my preference for a game is that it must at least be believable in some way. Not necessarily realistic, but believable.

Generals offered nothing special to the RTS genre; it was basically a Warcraft-type game set up in a "modern warfare" direction. Multiplayer just consisted of guys building a dozen bases all over the map and unit spamming the enemy. Singleplayer was way too simplistic and boring; long missions that are neither challenging or fun, no storyline at all, no cutscenes, etc. I hated the mere cheesiness of the GLA and China. Zero Hour introduced a few characters, but didn't expand on them at all.

C&C3 was pretty good, I liked it, besides the plot holes and disconnections from TS. The storyline was a bit dry; I don't think Nod was portrayed in the correct way, and I'm not a big fan of alien invasions - it's been overdone in movies and games. Tiberian Sun's vines, underground units, exploding tiberium, Tiberium plants/fauna, and the Forgotten all just disappeared. The tech was backtracked: from Mechs to tanks, from Cluster Missiles to Nukes, from Disks to grenades, from super units to unit spams, from amphibious APCs to normal ones, etc. I liked C&C3s gameplay a lot, but it felt a lot more like a sequel to C&C95 than TS. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but I would've preferred Westwood's "Tiberian Twilight" over C&C3.

C&C4 was just a disaster on all ends.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Apr 6 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
C&C3 was pretty good, I liked it, besides the plot holes and disconnections from TS. The storyline was a bit dry; I don't think Nod was portrayed in the correct way, and I'm not a big fan of alien invasions - it's been overdone in movies and games. Tiberian Sun's vines, underground units, exploding tiberium, Tiberium plants/fauna, and the Forgotten all just disappeared. The tech was backtracked: from Mechs to tanks, from Cluster Missiles to Nukes, from Disks to grenades, from super units to unit spams, from amphibious APCs to normal ones, etc. I liked C&C3s gameplay a lot, but it felt a lot more like a sequel to C&C95 than TS. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but I would've preferred Westwood's "Tiberian Twilight" over C&C3.

C&C4 was just a disaster on all ends.[/b]

I agree that C&C3 was pretty good, Kane's Wrath actually added the units it should have had from the start. The campaign offered only just too little variation, but especially the last mission of Nod has a difficulty level that I would love to see in more C&C games, along with the absense of a timer, and yet fighting against the clock, that mission really shows what I like in RTS missions.
Kane's Wrath also seemed to add a better AI, as it really tried to attack from multiple sides, instead of the usual 'let's go straight for him even if there's base defences here and clear space not 4 spaces to the sides. The Kane's Wrath campaign was a dissapointment all over, although it did answer to the promise that they would explain what happend in the skipped parts of the storyline. Which is more then I can say of what I've seen from C&C4

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

QUOTE (Demigan @ Apr 6 2010, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far, I've even come to enjoy Generals as it contains many of the points I prefer in RTS's. Unlimited recources (but you do need to gather them), no 'hard or soft counters', the relative weakness of the buildings allow for better use of stealth stragegy's, and the pace of the game is relatively quick. Getting your big badass army wiped out and having the enemy stampede towards your base isn't neccecarely the end if you are quick enough.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

THANK YOU Demigan. You finally saw the good side of Generals and ZH :P *prays the rest of the world will aswell*
Anyways, i think im gonna go back to settlers. New settlers is out now and i must say that Ubisoft brings new aspects to the game but also takes EVERY SINGLE GREAT THING about previous parts to the new one. Definately hooked on it now cuz it's simply settlers which is always recogniseable unlike C&C 4 which basically doesn't have anything from the previous parts except for GDI and the Brotherhood of Nod lol

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Apr 9 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have yet to buy the actual retail version of C&C4, but from I read from people is that the AI in C&C4 is actually very, very good. Probably the best in the series.[/b]

yeah, but all it has to do is build units and put them to use stragetically vs other units. which is a lot easier to create then an AI that also has to build structures, which is a relatively easy addon as far as I know, but also an AI that is capable to attack other bases, which seems a lot harder to do.

Units is micromanaging to keep damaged units alive so they can be repaired, simply retreating does that, making sure the tankers take the first damage is done by moving them close, artillery should stay way back and shoot towards their maximum range. And you've nearly got your units AI ready. If you add the option that the AI can apply the secondary abilities of every unit a tiny bit stragetically, it's already an incredible advantage towards a human player, who can use it more stragetically but not as fast as an AI (and I always get bored by having to constantly watch which abilities I should activate when, just nail the suckers with firepower and some movement). A human player is more likely to miss the oppertunity, especially in multi-area combats.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (PermaGrin @ Apr 12 2010, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good Read

http://obscured-view.com/?p=449

Quick edit to a link of the games he has created if it is unclear on who this is.
http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/v...veloperId,7778/[/b]

Thank heavens for Adam Isgreen.

• 4 months later...

Nowadays, even though a lot of games have an EA logo on it, it doesn't mean that EA made the game.

EA now just commissions other companies to make games. Like Valve and Bioware, etc.

It's rare now that EA will actually buy out a company. They already admitted once before that buying out Westwood was a really bad mistake.

My own view on EAs C&C games:

Generals: Not a true C&C, but a fairly cool RTS.

C&C3: Great effort put into it, but the storyline and units made no sense at all

RA3: I view it as a parody of RA2. Non-cannon.

C&C4:...What is that? (I denie it's existance)

My favorite C&C of all time is Tiberian Sun.

Well my 1st C&C was Command & Conquer Red Alert Retaliation. That was the best game for me in Playstation. RA2 is okay but never finish the game. D:. Why i said okay? well during that time i play was extremely fast and i have no idea how to set the speed normal i just bee pawn by CPU only. xD

TS i play before. also never complete.

C&C Generals. Haiz.1 think i dislike it is lagging when a lot of units.

C&C3 Okay nice but storyline almost out of the track.

RA3 - Bloody Hell Japs too strong all my friend play lan all take japs!. But nice Colour good for Red Alert 1 mod. The Red alert!

C&C4 open once play skrimish once off forever!

• 5 months later...

Here's my view of C&C games:

Tiberian Sun: when I first played this game, I skipped C&C1

Red Alert 2/Yuri Revenge: this is the game where I got into C&C series

Generals/ZH: currently this is my favorite C&C games ever because it's easy to modify despite it's boring singe campaign

Tiberium Wars: Best AI ever but the Storyline is makes no Sense

Tiberium(Tactical FPS Game): why EA Cancel this game despite this game is vastly better Tiberium Wars sequel than C&C4, notably Scrin's second invasion that didn't happen in C&C4

Red Alert 3: despite it's cartoony nature, this game still has everything that C&C4 isn't have

C&C4: I never played this game, but i know there's a new Unit in C&C4 that never appeared in any other C&C installments that works like Edward Cullen on Treads that further makes C&C4 more like Twilight than the rest of C&C franchise as this thing replaces just everything that makes C&C games Command and Conquer in C&C4, and the overpowered nature of this unit makes this unit Mary Sues of Command and Conquer just like Edward Cullen and others in Twilight

My list:

C&C Red Alert 1, my very first game for PS 1, together with G-Police^^

C&C Tiberium Dawn, It was my favourite C&C back then...

C&C Generals, (My now favourite game, but not cuz of its story... I think it was the music ;) )

C&C Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge, story was fine for me... Yuris units we're also fun

C&C Generals Zero Hour, oh well... Just like Generals, boring story, awesome game and music ;)

C&C Tiberian Sun, At first, I loved that game cuz of its cutscenes (Slavik is da man!).. After a while i stoped playing it... At least i completed the game... Never played the Add on though.

C&C Tiberium Wars, The cutscenes in my opinion we're great (although they cant be a match for the cutscenes in tiberium sun, except that they are aviable in HD ;) ), the game was better than TS, except when it becomes to atmospere (I mean, hey, Ion lightnings and stuff? I missed them in TW 3) . One of my favourite games...

C&C Red Alert 3, oh well... I dont like it... story isnt that good and the units... oh well... i dont think i would command them... I never completed it (story wise).

C&C Tiberium Gaylight*: Whats that?!

*I know this was the name that Westwood wanted to give their next C&C.... but wayne

I hope, i didnt hurt anyones feelings :D