I'VE GOT IT!

epicelite

You know how on maps like Hourglass or Under it can turn into a boring game. 1 team stuck in their base but you cant get in because they have so many people repairing?

How about putting a limit on how fast a building can be repair?

So say, a building can only be repaired at a max rate of 300HP/sec, so having more people then necessary repairing it would be pointless and the extra players will be forced to go actually try to defend the base.

THE GOOD:

-Games will go faster(like they are supposed to)

-People will be forced focus on defending when a building is already being repaired at max speed

-No more stalemates with your entire team beating on one building only to have it being repaired

-Would be truer to C&C

THE BAD:

-People don't like change

-It might feel like bullox when your on the receiving end.

-Early arty/MRLS rushes would be way more effective, not fun for receiving team.

FINAL NOTES:

Should be limited so that a 2-3 artillery/MLRS barrage won't destroy a building as long as max amount of repair is being applied, yet if the entire enemy team is pounding on building should be cretin doom. (However enough time for them to be pushed back given the defending team actually tries.)

QUOTE (epicelite @ Feb 13 2010, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know how on maps like Hourglass or Under it can turn into a boring game.[/b]

No I don't.

1 team stuck in their base but you cant get in because they have so many people repairing?[/b]

It's never really been that big of a deal...

...Other Stuff...[/b]

This is not a good idea because it makes games too easy to win. Think about it. If the enemy can't repair over the maximum rate, then all you have to do is use enough force to out-damage the repairers.

I.E. If the max repair rate is 300hp/s, then all you need to do is create a strike force that can deal 301+hp/s and the game is over without giving the defending team a chance.

Not only that. Most of the time when a lot are repairing, like the way your are speaking, it is usually due to not having $$ so they are repairing for $$. Limiting the number of people able to repair at one time, you limit the number of people that can gain money by repairing at one time.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (PermaGrin @ Feb 15 2010, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not only that. Most of the time when a lot are repairing, like the way your are speaking, it is usually due to not having $$ so they are repairing for $$. Limiting the number of people able to repair at one time, you limit the number of people that can gain money by repairing at one time.[/b]

Who said you still wouldn't be able to get money? I only mean to put a cap on how fast buildings can be repaired.

You do know you get money for shooting the enemy, right?

I've got a much better idea: If your entire team is pounding a building and you can't destroy it, SWITCH TARGETS! People are too afraid to get into the base defences range, but just sacreficing a few people can give you a win. Should you fail, then the game returns to it's dynamic nature: make sure you don't lose the field completely, drive them back and try again. Instead of just pounding a building for hours on end with never a chance to destroy it.

If you want the stalemates go away, then take a risk!

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Feb 24 2010, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who said you still wouldn't be able to get money? I only mean to put a cap on how fast buildings can be repaired.

You do know you get money for shooting the enemy, right?[/b]

So... basically you sit there doing something to gain money that does not help your team in anyway?

That's worse than what you currently claim is the problem. Now, instead of people actually assisting the team by repairing the structure, they are just standing there shooting the MCT and getting money but not actually repairing the structure...