Slaughterhouse #1 and New Maps

zunnie

I want to support the map makers by hosting their maps on our Main Server RenX #1...

It was suggested that i put up a "New Maps Server" with custom maps only but i dont want to do that.

It would be empty nonstop anyway just like we seen on Renegade.

Now this game THANK GOD LOL supports download on connect which is something Renegade lacked which

maybe one of the reasons new maps werent played at all. Or barely at least.

Anyway, what i want to do is mix new maps with regular maps. Right now there is one custom map in rotation

which is Kenz3001's Renegade-x-MountainBeta1 which has some bugs but i just want to try it out lol :)

I hope you guys will not disconnect from the server just because you have to download a map you dont

have yet. The map is redirected and you *should* be able to download it at your internets max downloadrate.

If downloading is slow, its YOU :P

Just be patient and continue downloading the map, in most cases it will take less than 2-5minutes.

I always see messages people 'love' new maps and stuff so i also expect that those guys will

continue to stay connected and actually download the map :)

I hope to see you guys ingame.

Lets make Renegade-X and New Maps not a second 'Renegade'....

Greetz zunnie

PS: on a side note, the maps will all be available for download on http://renegadex.game-maps.net the

minute they are released (not beta's).

Also there are *usually* Moderators present on our IRC, so if say there are only 2 players ingame you could ask if a Mod can change

the map to a regular one..

I think adding the new maps in the rotation is a good idea,

like you said, new maps server will be empty 24/7

Glad it will auto download new map

I think there should be a bot msg (around) 5 minutes before the new maps begins with:

"The next map will be a new map: MapNameHere, you will automatically download it if you don't have it.",

or something close to that will do, just so people know what they can expect.

Maybe I should learn how to make maps, must be awesome to play yourown map with others ^^

• Totem Arts Staff

well you could always download the maps and place them in your maps folder saves time downloading from the game servers

my map will be made public for downoad when i update the textures and add some stuff (next release most proboly)

its a good idea having custom maps mixed with origanl maps if you think the map is not that good (not saying any will be other than mine lol) you can always vote in another

Hi all

I've a short question about (this) server.

I've just started to play Renegade-x and as I joined this server I've had to download several files...nothing special.

But what about if a new version of Renegade will be released? Do I have to download all these files again too before playing?

I ask because of I read somewhere that I have to remove all files if a new version of Renegade will be released... and that would be by join this server...uncomfortable? :)

Thanks for a feedback :)

QUOTE (alexrirak @ Feb 11 2010, 07:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, when the new version comes out you will have to redownload the custom files but they should not take to long to download. Also if you dont want to download through the game you can download them at http://renegadex.game-maps.net/[/b]

But on this site is only one map isn't it...? And I'm still downloading over 80 files at very low speed -.-' this really sucks... (for example the map Renegade_Volcano with about 158MB .....)

EDIT: Problem solved...I did the mistake of change the default folder -.-

QUOTE (Kenny87 @ Feb 11 2010, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But on this site is only one map isn't it...? And I'm still downloading over 80 files at very low speed -.-' this really sucks... (for example the map Renegade_Volcano with about 158MB .....)

EDIT: Problem solved...I did the mistake of change the default folder -.-[/b]

Yea you really should not be downloading so many files. There are only about 4 or 5 that you should be downloading.