Advanced 3d modeling

ferkhat

There is alot of things that i dont know about modeling even tho i model good. last week ago, i learned about turbosmoothing+spline and it helped my models look much better, smoothed too.

So, is there anything you guys could tell me that i can do for better quality modeling, any modefiers ect...

QUOTE (HeavyX101 @ Nov 23 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All of the sudden, Renegade-X community started ignoring me. Not only this, there are other places too. I hope it has nothing to do with my mod.[/b]

We are not ignoring you, the people that have that information are either very busy or AFK.

Try looking up tutorials in youtube, howvids, google, lynda, instructables, etc...

QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Nov 24 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are not ignoring you, the people that have that information are either very busy or AFK.

Try looking up tutorials in youtube, howvids, google, lynda, instructables, etc...[/b]

I dont mean about this topic. Even ingame, i ask questions about stuff in renx and they dont talk to be, at the same time if someone else asks something, they do answer them. Oh well, i'm not a god so you can talk to me. Other people would just disrespect by saying bad words, these guys keep their cool :P

The problem with your question here is that it's a very broad subject as there are so many different modifiers that can be used in different ways. The best advice I could give you is to watch LOTS of video tutorial from the net. You can find them at Cgtuts, 3dtotal, cgtalk, youtube and lots of other places. Watch them through and then try and copy what they've done on either the same object or something similar.

Ric

QUOTE (Ric @ Nov 28 2009, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem with your question here is that it's a very broad subject as there are so many different modifiers that can be used in different ways. The best advice I could give you is to watch LOTS of video tutorial from the net. You can find them at Cgtuts, 3dtotal, cgtalk, youtube and lots of other places. Watch them through and then try and copy what they've done on either the same object or something similar.

Ric[/b]

Thanks! cg.tutsplus.com is what i use now!

• 6 months later...

Well I do have hopefully some answers for you but first I need some from you. What software are you using first of all? By the way you said modifiers I would guess max as that is what I use. Second, do you know how to use smoothing groups properly? or do you know about flipping the normals on a poly? I was wondering by what you meant by smoothing + splines. I know what smoothing is but what do the splines have to do with it ? Over all I love to learn from others so I am willing to keep this thread going