An old project. What do you think?

TMlewiss

Thought some of you might find this interesting. It is an in game camera fly by of an alien ship's astrometrics room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZd0Pd2bYMM

For those of you who work in the unreal editor, you will notice that the only 2 assets in that video that I did not personally model, texture, and light are the single particle effect and the player.

I am working on a CTF map currently if you want to see some SS of that let me know. I could also give you a tase of an ocean material I am working on that has shoreline wave effects :) .

QUOTE (DrummerX @ Oct 2 2009, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nicely done man, ever thought about helping the team with making maps?

you've obviously got the talent and know how, why don't you give it a try[/b]

You know, I actually have the original renegade. (I have all the C&Cs). Though I honestly don't remember the maps. I would love to help you guys out though. I love working in Unreal and I love C&C.

QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Oct 3 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
make something new and different....

idea: make a huge crashed spaceship and the nod and gdi base on each side of it, the units must traverse the alien ship to get to the other side.[/b]

So what, that's based in C&C 3? There are actually trillions of map ideas for C&C. You can literally get ideas from the RTS maps.

QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Oct 4 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was just giving you some ideas... sorry.[/b]

It's a good idea though. somehow immediatly reminded me of the level in TS where the scrin ship crashed and you gotta free it from Nod control, and then protect it. Sounds like a good map idea, could be a damn large map too if planned out right.

QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Oct 4 2009, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was just giving you some ideas... sorry.[/b]

Oh I didn't mean it like that. I like the idea. I was just asking where you got the idea. Sorry if it sounded like I was berating you.

I have an idea based on what you have said, though I am altering the idea some so that it will allow for better vehicle support. I am also considering making specific structure locations that give bonuses. For instance, when you enter some rubble with rocks it gives you a defense buff. Kind of like garrisoning. I will work on the layout and designing/modeling the ship based on Scrin design (only because it makes sense). Maybe it was a research/scouting ship?

QUOTE (Photonic @ Oct 5 2009, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I didn't mean it like that. I like the idea. I was just asking where you got the idea. Sorry if it sounded like I was berating you.

I have an idea based on what you have said, though I am altering the idea some so that it will allow for better vehicle support. I am also considering making specific structure locations that give bonuses. For instance, when you enter some rubble with rocks it gives you a defense buff. Kind of like garrisoning. I will work on the layout and designing/modeling the ship based on Scrin design (only because it makes sense). Maybe it was a research/scouting ship?[/b]

sorry, emotions are hard to transmit using electronic methods.

I just spontaneously had the idea when i saw your video.

A damaged ship crashed on top of a underground garage complex, the garage complex would serve as a vehicle path to the other base, the ship would work as a infantry path to the other base. i will make some sketches of what i mean if you wish.

How about a map similar to island but inside a volcano? It is round'ish and could be made inside the crater of the volcano, the water could be replaced with lava and the illumination could come from the lava and, in certain parts, light from tiberium crystals.

QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Oct 5 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry, emotions are hard to transmit using electronic methods.

I just spontaneously had the idea when i saw your video.

A damaged ship crashed on top of a underground garage complex, the garage complex would serve as a vehicle path to the other base, the ship would work as a infantry path to the other base. i will make some sketches of what i mean if you wish.[/b]

Currently painting some concepts, trying to figure out how I want the ship to look. What I am planning is a valley range. The ship has crashed and you can see a huge cavern in the ground from it tearing the earth from its crash inertia. The ship will be in large pieces, broken apart from the crash. Allowing vehicles too pass through sections. This allows allows me to occlude more objects, which the current R-X maps lack badly. I am thinking of rain ATM, but we will see. I might even make the rain come and go with weather effects through Kismet. IDK, it is a long way from those final aspects.

QUOTE (Photonic @ Oct 7 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Currently painting some concepts, trying to figure out how I want the ship to look. What I am planning is a valley range. The ship has crashed and you can see a huge cavern in the ground from it tearing the earth from its crash inertia. The ship will be in large pieces, broken apart from the crash. Allowing vehicles too pass through sections. This allows allows me to occlude more objects, which the current R-X maps lack badly. I am thinking of rain ATM, but we will see. I might even make the rain come and go with weather effects through Kismet. IDK, it is a long way from those final aspects.[/b]

awesome idea.