Feedback

punko24

Ok i found the idden like to ren-x then downloaded b4 "official" realese and wow im impressed to the progress :D

its called Beta Alpha (1) Version 0.35 (35% Complete!)

There is of course more things to add like chars,weps,pp,silo,maps,ect...

and those i understand will be in patches (dont need to reinstall it) prob.

and some bugs but not bad :D like the SBH needs fixing but the stank is ok plus i need more ram

Team communication is at what i rate so far: 3/10 (the Under Attack,Destroyed,almost destroyed) but i understand the radio commads are comming later (hope thewre the same) and "Keep On Commin" when u buy crap and "Unit Ready".

I wish to know if there will be and IRC typed moderating or something like that...is the server going to be able to have a bot setup on IRC? lol i wanna be a moderator xD or is that what a mutator is?

Thankyou, LaserOfFury (punko24,grannyzx)

QUOTE (punko24 @ Sep 30 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok i found the idden like to ren-x then downloaded b4 "official" realese and wow im impressed to the progress :D

its called Beta Alpha (1) Version 0.35 (35% Complete!)

There is of course more things to add like chars,weps,pp,silo,maps,ect...
and those i understand will be in patches (dont need to reinstall it) prob.

and some bugs but not bad :D like the SBH needs fixing but the stank is ok plus i need more ram

Team communication is at what i rate so far: 3/10 (the Under Attack,Destroyed,almost destroyed) but i understand the radio commads are comming later (hope thewre the same) and "Keep On Commin" when u buy crap and "Unit Ready".

I wish to know if there will be and IRC typed moderating or something like that...is the server going to be able to have a bot setup on IRC? lol i wanna be a moderator xD or is that what a mutator is?

Thankyou, LaserOfFury (punko24,grannyzx)[/b]

I love it when u hump the air over a dead body.

Random suggestions from a random person.

-Please mappers blocking volumes are bad when there is no physical boundary! Invisible walls are horrible for gameplay please just make it so when you go in the water you take damage. This happens everywhere on Island. On field there is a ramp that blocks vehicles with an invisible wall. Thats ok if it's for gameplay purposes but please add some obstacles (rocks/tank traps) so it is less frustrating! There is no excuse for invisible walls, ever.

-Please include an option to turn off target boxes.

-A hit indicater (visual or audio) would be nice.

-Replace the "boink" with a more manly noise. Like the "ptoww" for cod4 headshots. Iono the boink seems so childish yet at the same time oddly satisfying.

-Interface is ok but some things need to stand out more. Especially the health bar. If it flashed when taking damage and getting healed that would be great.

Ok, so here is a list of suggestions for you.

It is just something to look at. And most of the suggestions are things I would like to see myself.

Feel free to discuss about the following things and remember. The staff decides.

1. Better building interiors.

- Right now the buildings are VERY empty. Just a few walls with a PT and a MCT.

I don't know if you are already planning on changing this, but it would make a big graphical improvement.

2. Better point calculation.

- Point system is not similar to the original. Again, I don't know if you're already working on this.

3. Better character animations.

- I heard a lot of people talk about this. The soldiers walk in a very dumb way. Also, they jump like a bunch of idiots.

I would like to see them use animations like the original renegade. (Makes it just a bit more authentic.)

4. Original weapon display system.

- I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it if you changed the weapon display.

Right now you can't really see which weapon comes next. I would prefer the original weapon system with the bar at the top of the screen.

5. Original Hud.

- A lot of people have already agreed with this. It would be much better if you just returned to the idea of recreating the original renegade hud.

It's much clearer and everyone is used to it. Also, it looked much better than the current hud.

6. Better 'worldboxes'.

- The outline of the characters and vehicles is all nice and stuff, but a lot of players find it very annoying (as far as I've noticed).

Maybe replace them with the original renegade boxes?

7. Obilisk charge/discharge.

- I would prefer a charging animation like the original one. This one just doesn't quite fit in.

Also, I've noticed that the Obilisk remains charged, even when it's animation is set to discharged.

8. Death.

- As soon as you get killed you see your character warping over the place and almost instantly you spawn.

I would be nice if it were just like the original renegade, that you could see your dead body for about two seconds before respawning.

This gives you some time to observe the environment and maybe spot your killer. Just like the original renegade.

9. Field.

- Please add some more grass, rocks or other stuff. The environment is very empty in my opinion.

Well, that was about it. Please think about it and maybe you'll find something useful.

To all other people here, feel free to add your own suggestions or to criticize my suggestions.

It would be nicer and more realistic without the boxes, so on islands you could swim throught the gap at the base entrances of water, you could put barriers up on the land bridges at the base entrances to stop vehicles falling off and take away the exterior boxes but cause people to die if they stay out in the water outside too long or they get eaten by sharks or something crazy.

but i would like to see being able to swim throught the river from the base entrance it would add a nice touch to the map

so for the outside of the island aswell vehicles could just fall into the sea and die with you in them

QUOTE (DrummerX @ Oct 1 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The boink is nostalgic to renegade, take it out?

I agree invisible walls are always a no no in any game.

If i'm not mistaken the water isn't meant to be swam through for it's poisonous (was told this)[/b]

Or you could make it a strong tide that sweeps you out to sea, so you will die if you start swimming at the wrong places. Or a tide that pulls you under, so you will drown. That would erase the possibility of swimming and keep the game more original, it would definitely be a problem if any rush can be hidden by the water. Or simply the fact that there would be too many ways to get into a base to defend it any longer.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

Islands originally had no invisible walls around the island. It's better the way it is now.

They just need to adjust it so there are no "sharp" boundaries because I've gotten stuck hitting nothing a few times. They need to extend the boundaries around the sand bunkers connecting the islands together. Especially the one on the far side.

QUOTE (TCUSniper @ Oct 1 2009, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, so here is a list of suggestions for you.
It is just something to look at. And most of the suggestions are things I would like to see myself.
Feel free to discuss about the following things and remember. The staff decides.

1. Better building interiors.
- Right now the buildings are VERY empty. Just a few walls with a PT and a MCT.
I don't know if you are already planning on changing this, but it would make a big graphical improvement.
2. Better point calculation.
- Point system is not similar to the original. Again, I don't know if you're already working on this.
3. Better character animations.
- I heard a lot of people talk about this. The soldiers walk in a very dumb way. Also, they jump like a bunch of idiots.
I would like to see them use animations like the original renegade. (Makes it just a bit more authentic.)
4. Original weapon display system.
- I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it if you changed the weapon display.
Right now you can't really see which weapon comes next. I would prefer the original weapon system with the bar at the top of the screen.
5. Original Hud.
- A lot of people have already agreed with this. It would be much better if you just returned to the idea of recreating the original renegade hud.
It's much clearer and everyone is used to it. Also, it looked much better than the current hud.
6. Better 'worldboxes'.
- The outline of the characters and vehicles is all nice and stuff, but a lot of players find it very annoying (as far as I've noticed).
Maybe replace them with the original renegade boxes?
7. Obilisk charge/discharge.
- I would prefer a charging animation like the original one. This one just doesn't quite fit in.
Also, I've noticed that the Obilisk remains charged, even when it's animation is set to discharged.
8. Death.
- As soon as you get killed you see your character warping over the place and almost instantly you spawn.
I would be nice if it were just like the original renegade, that you could see your dead body for about two seconds before respawning.
This gives you some time to observe the environment and maybe spot your killer. Just like the original renegade.
9. Field.
- Please add some more grass, rocks or other stuff. The environment is very empty in my opinion.

Well, that was about it. Please think about it and maybe you'll find something useful.
To all other people here, feel free to add your own suggestions or to criticize my suggestions.[/b]

I fully Agreed with all your points TCUSniper
more we try it more We love it
I like the mod a lot I hope the most imporatnt bugs will be fix soon Tkxs guys