Hosting Server after Beta is over

Zeg

I recently asked a hosting company for an Unreal Tournament 3 server if they would support this mod within a game server they would host for me. They asked "Most mods are supported, are there specific requirements of this mod?"

And I also am not sure if you guys will provide a bot with the server side option, or would that have to be something that like the Brenbot would have to be adjusted to? And would it be able to be adjusted so you could see it within some mIRC room?

QUOTE (Zeg @ Sep 30 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recently asked a hosting company for an Unreal Tournament 3 server if they would support this mod within a game server they would host for me. They asked "Most mods are supported, are there specific requirements of this mod?"

And I also am not sure if you guys will provide a bot with the server side option, or would that have to be something that like the Brenbot would have to be adjusted to? And would it be able to be adjusted so you could see it within some mIRC room?[/b]

At this current stage after talking to the devs in the vip forum, the machine hosting the dedicated server is perfered to be a windows machine as that's what the front end is currently built for, but when the mod is released publicly ill be working on a linux hosting tutorial.

As this is the first release i doubt there will be many server options at this stage.

QUOTE (a1h @ Sep 30 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At this current stage after talking to the devs in the vip forum, the machine hosting the dedicated server is perfered to be a windows machine as that's what the front end is currently built for, but when the mod is released publicly ill be working on a linux hosting tutorial.

As this is the first release i doubt there will be many server options at this stage.[/b]

What is the CPU/Ram/HDD usage of the server like? What was used during the videos/internal betas?

QUOTE (Zeg @ Sep 30 2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I also am not sure if you guys will provide a bot with the server side option, or would that have to be something that like the Brenbot would have to be adjusted to? And would it be able to be adjusted so you could see it within some mIRC room?[/b]

for the bot , i dont think, i know some community work on a kinda ''brenbot'' but you will not see it before some other release

for irc, you can use R3porter, a UT3 mutator

QUOTE (a1h @ Sep 30 2009, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As this is the first release i doubt there will be many server options at this stage.[/b]

I do not want to get a dedicated server box, just a game server, that is hosted from their company in Chicago. I'm not sure if that would end up helping them install that mod to the server, but I sure hope so. It'd be great to have a Ren-X server.

I am not worrying about getting a server in the near future, not until the full release.

But thank you for making a tutorial about it, as it might help the company to install the mod onto the UT3 game server that i would like to host.

QUOTE (Zeg @ Sep 30 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not want to get a dedicated server box, just a game server, that is hosted from their company in Chicago. I'm not sure if that would end up helping them install that mod to the server, but I sure hope so. It'd be great to have a Ren-X server.

I am not worrying about getting a server in the near future, not until the full release.

But thank you for making a tutorial about it, as it might help the company to install the mod onto the UT3 game server that i would like to host.[/b]

well normally you install mod, not the company. they provide the main game and the server, and you go on the box via FTP client

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Sep 30 2009, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well normally you install mod, not the company. they provide the main game and the server, and you go on the box via FTP client[/b]

Okay, and that tutorial would show me how to set up the mod to the server, with the FTP client?

If so that would be great.

Hi there

If the server hosting company is a decent one and uses a Game Control Panel such as TCAdmin then you should be totally fine to get renx onto your server.

If the installer of renx allows it (which is unknown at this time) to extract the renx components to a seperate directory on your PC, you can FTP the contents of that directory to your game server (while its STOPPED).

Once thats done, you will need to edit the startup command (Command line params, this should be able to be done by either yourself via your game CP, or chat with the server provider) to something like this:

Renegade-Field?Game=RenXGame.Renegade?AdminName=YourNameHere?AdminPassword=RemoteAdminPasswordHere -mod=..\Renegade\ -log=Renegade.log -mutlihome=YourServersIPAddressHere -port=ThePortHere(7777 is default) --unattended

Example:

Renegade-Field?Game=RenXGame.Renegade?AdminName=AlienX?AdminPassword=letmein -mod=..\Renegade\ -log=Renegade.log -mutlihome=78.129.164.83 -port=7777 --unattended

And if you have not yet - install UT3 Web Admin

You can get it from here:

http://ut3webadmin.elmuerte.com/

This allows proper administration of your UT3 server without having to edit confusing .ini config files

have fun :D

-

QUOTE (AlienX2 @ Sep 30 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there
If the server hosting company is a decent one and uses a Game Control Panel such as TCAdmin then you should be totally fine to get renx onto your server.
If the installer of renx allows it (which is unknown at this time) to extract the renx components to a seperate directory on your PC, you can FTP the contents of that directory to your game server (while its STOPPED).

Once thats done, you will need to edit the startup command (Command line params, this should be able to be done by either yourself via your game CP, or chat with the server provider) to something like this:

Renegade-Field?Game=RenXGame.Renegade?AdminName=YourNameHere?AdminPassword=RemoteAdminPasswordHere -mod=..\Renegade\ -log=Renegade.log -mutlihome=YourServersIPAddressHere -port=ThePortHere(7777 is default) --unattended

Example:

Renegade-Field?Game=RenXGame.Renegade?AdminName=AlienX?AdminPassword=letmein -mod=..\Renegade\ -log=Renegade.log -mutlihome=78.129.164.83 -port=7777 --unattended

[/b]

As I have no prior game hosting experience, I may contact you later when the full release is out to help me get this set up if that is alright with you? I'm pretty sure the company will not be too interested in caring on teaching me how to do things, let alone how to work the mod.

QUOTE (Zeg @ Sep 30 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I have no prior game hosting experience, I may contact you later when the full release is out to help me get this set up if that is alright with you? I'm pretty sure the company will not be too interested in caring on teaching me how to do things, let alone how to work the mod.[/b]

Yeah sure, but your server provider should give u support for how to upload files via FTP and how to edit your startup command line...

QUOTE (Zeg @ Sep 30 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I have no prior game hosting experience, I may contact you later when the full release is out to help me get this set up if that is alright with you? I'm pretty sure the company will not be too interested in caring on teaching me how to do things, let alone how to work the mod.[/b]

google was my friend on that, 3 weeks ago i had no clue how to set a game server, and now i can work in .ini without worrying about crashing server lol

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Sep 30 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
google was my friend on that, 3 weeks ago i had no clue how to set a game server, and now i can work in .ini without worrying about crashing server lol[/b]

Ditto. ;)

All it requires is practise. You just need to learn the script commands and experiment with values. You can even download current config files of certain servers and analyse them.

All good server hosts should let you upload mods/files via ftp and allow you to edit the startup scripts. Without the latter, it'd be pointless letting you upload mods.