HUD unreadable

TigerXtrm

I've seen some images of the new HUD and while I like the design by itself, I have to question the practical side of it. Whenever the HUD is against a bright background it becomes very unclear (goes for the yellow GDI HUD especially).

Is this a problem you've found in game or is it not that bad when you're actually in game?

QUOTE (TigerXtrm @ Sep 28 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've seen some images of the new HUD and while I like the design by itself, I have to question the practical side of it. Whenever the HUD is against a bright background it becomes very unclear (goes for the yellow GDI HUD especially).

Is this a problem you've found in game or is it not that bad when you're actually in game?[/b]

i never had prob with it

QUOTE (Demigan @ Sep 29 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You (partially) colour blind?[/b]

:lol:

As weird as this sounds, some people who play games actually cannot see very well. They see most things but not everything.
The HUD atm is alright I think. I do like the yellow for GDI and the red one for Nod. I prefered the older health bars where it was just one bar instead of many blocks. Maybe if you unified both factions HUD's but keep one or two features like the radar with it's respective faction colours, it might do the trick.

I can understand that in the brighter maps especially Hourglass, you can't see a damn thing. I think the HUD needs more translucency (Opaque) so that you can see it clearly, but retain it's cool see through effect.

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Sep 29 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude I agree with your post 100% !

If you look at this: http://www.renegade-x.com/Forums/index.php...post&id=390
I prefer the structures to be on the side and the money etc where it is now.

I think one should reduce the transparency slightly like you pointed out on the radar, but it should be almost translucent when it comes to the health.

Also, I was thinking for the weapons, we use little images of them instead of outlines. That way you can see it clearly no matter what map you're playing on.

Just looking at an older build:

ScreenShot00664.JPG

The radar should look like that, but with the same style as the current one. (If that makes any sense :huh :)

Slightly transparent green/red background, but solid opaque outline. Deffo looks better with the pics of the weapons. Just size them down to the current size!