Remaking great maps.

thrash300

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Sep 24 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You will be destroyed for suggesting those abominations! (they were cut for a reason or not official for another one too...)

I say let them make their own maps that will UTTERLY destroy those maps in fun and GFX :P[/b]

You faggot you apperantly haven't played snow with 60 players or more, and sand with 6...

Sand is very unique. Interms of the CP2 maps, they are among the greatest with maps like last stand, and others that are just great.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Sep 24 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You faggot you apperantly haven't played snow with 60 players or more, and sand with 6...

Sand is very unique. Interms of the CP2 maps, they are among the greatest with maps like last stand, and others that are just great.[/b]

Now really?, Yes I too agree that sand, snow, and carnage club were great maps.

But its entirely possible that he simply didn't like them, and if he doesn't good for him it doesn't matter.

The mod is scheduled to be released very soon, and like fobby said they are short on mappers, and in renegade, thousands of maps were made for
that game, a few hundred were actually pretty good, deciding what maps to recreate and what ones not to is tough, because everyone loves
this map or that map for different reasons.

UT3, the game renegade-x is based off of has a great map creation tool, much more powerful and easier to use than gmax, so if there is a map that you absolutely love,
and wish to be created go ahead and make it!

There are HUNDREDS of online tutorials teaching you how to use the ut3 editor, and finding good ones is easy. Just go to Google, and type in UT3 Editor Tutorials, and your set.

So now go, you have all the tools needed, go read some tutorials and start practicing, and I expect to see C&C_Snow, C&C_Sand, and maybe even C&C_Carnage_Club, to be released from you. Good Luck!

PS: When your starting out mapping, start small, like stupidly small and work your way up, if it only has a ramp and an empty box thats just fine for your first map.
But if you start big right off the bat, you will never end up finishing the map, or it will just be painful and take a long time.

PPS: I'm not kidding about expecting those maps from you, you got three months.

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Sep 25 2009, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sand is very unique. Interms of the CP2 maps, they are among the greatest with maps like last stand, and others that are just great.[/b]

Keep it friendly, there's no need for calling someone that at all

If you guys like the old maps or would like to learn how to map for the mod, Unreal Editor is pretty forgiving and some what easy to learn, just gotta have a bit of a learning curve.

www.3dbuzz.com is a good site to start out to learn how to map for the unreal engine. UT3 has made a lot easier to map with than the previous unreal games where you can literally just click, drag, drop stuff into maps.

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Sep 25 2009, 04:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sand is very unique. Interms of the CP2 maps, they are among the greatest with maps like last stand, and others that are just great.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST[/b]

FYI yes i played Snow... WITH 100 PLAYERS :P and i have played sand too with 10 , they are bad anyway (IMHO) and you should try to be more civil perhaps? i did not insult anyone here nor you for that matter :(

As the dude who made the original Carnage Club Xtreme, I just wanted to say that if anyone does decide to remake my map, please, PLEASE, change the spawnpoints. They were so so unbalanced in the original and I wasn't able to make a new version due to the horrible mapping tools not opening my files. :(

Btw: I think the mod team made the right call about what maps to focus on, and I'm looking forward to their new originals.