A NEEDED feature

An4x1mandr0s

WE need this !

today i was playing Nod on Jelly servers and we played mutation........ 2 rules.......... no base attack for 5 mins and no Stanks for 10........guess what happened..........GDI attacked.......and they destroyed the PP and didnt get punished so we tried to pump out Stanks in response , they all exploded on landing..... Nod lost due to GDI using a Harvester to cover a beacon........

horribe horrible match <_<

Now this gave me an idea......

Add timers for special rules like no base attacks for X minutes as such any1 that attacks does no damage to buildings , this would be a very welcomed feature........

excuse me for any errors , it's late here :P

What's the point of the restriction in the first place? The rule on the server you were playing on just sounds pointless.

Why should you hold back attacks for a certain amount of time? This isn't an RTS, you aren't gaining anything in that period of time.. so what can possibly come out of that other than boring the players for 5 min?

Im going to be upfront.

This will not be added into Renegade X. Is the server owner/administrator want to add this is they can feel free to with use of mutators.

But as a default feature this is not going to be added.

In an RTS it's an okay idea if all parties agree but an FPS? Never going to happen. Even if you did set the game so that buildings didn't receive damage you'd probably just find groups of the enemy around MCT's waiting for the time limit to expire.

Ric

No-base-attack/No-Rush time for Renegade/Renegade X? No way!

Some years ago I played Renegade online very often one of my friends. At the beginning of every round I played the soldier and he was an engineer. When the current map had no basedefenses we always rushed the enemy base and we mostly destroyed a building. Several times we also managed to destroy the rest of the base in the following five or ten minutes. A time limit would prevent such actions (or in general rushing).

I'm against implementing such a feature at all because I don't want X public servers later with such a time limit.

You got 45 minutes anyways and in some maps (I don't name names mr Under) it's hard enough without shaving off 5-10 minutes (in case certain crates are on)

While it's true that in non-marathon servers buildings get destroyed a lot quicker and often. But the amount of wins by timeout is when I last played timed matches more then 60% of the games the way to win.

Think of the quick APC rushes after destroying the enemy harvester, should that be made impossible? Destroying the harvester and going for a quick rush is just about the only smart thing you can do when a game just begins. If you can't do that kind of thing, what use is there for the entire starting 10 minutes, except for k.d ration untill that time is expired?

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Aug 27 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's the point of the restriction in the first place? The rule on the server you were playing on just sounds pointless.

Why should you hold back attacks for a certain amount of time? This isn't an RTS, you aren't gaining anything in that period of time.. so what can possibly come out of that other than boring the players for 5 min?[/b]

Im a regular on Jelly. They are doing these no rushes for X amount of minutes because, they are trying to add a new maps 2 the server. This rule is only because "New Maps" empty out the servers because people dont have CP2 or dont know how to install maps manually. People are given a link to download the map and are told how to install the map properly. The time rule is only to give people enough time to download and install the map and are giving a chance to play the map. But people that are not following these rules are only hurting the community.(This time rule is only implemented only when "New Maps" are played which isnt often.)

Just my Two Cents :P

But i agree it shouldnt be used in RenX

That's not a problem in Ren-X anyways. Unreal has had the ability to auto-download required maps and packages for years (at least since UT2K4). I think that this is definitely a case where it is up to server admins or moderators to enforce the policy, not something that should be an official feature.

Like Killa said, if they really really want the ability to have the mod itself enforce it, they should write a mutator.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Dehumanization @ Aug 28 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But people have been saying mutators are not going to be in Renegade X, because i was talking about stuff like zero gravity and such, just for fun or you want to mix things up a bit. :P[/b]

No, skins and model replacements won't be in the mod, mutators are allowed though, and therefore any change of rules/physics/ingame assets through those mutators.

its funny to see that a community try to remake a incredible game, everything liek the original, and theres always ppl who need to change it, my 2 cents ... 99% of modification in renegade killed the game,even crate can kill the game , there only some modification that really help, like donation. but a real game in a STOCK server is better for me than a big game with alot of things changed .. change not always mean better

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Aug 28 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its funny to see that a community try to remake a incredible game, everything liek the original, and theres always ppl who need to change it, my 2 cents ... 99% of modification in renegade killed the game,even crate can kill the game , there only some modification that really help, like donation. but a real game in a STOCK server is better for me than a big game with alot of things changed .. change not always mean better[/b]

well duro, im not sure about the Original C&C but i know that crates where used in RA1