Tech Levels

An4x1mandr0s

I don't think anyone has asked before (did search) but maybe adding tech levels ? this could be nice way to add more 'replay' value to the maps by blicking some high tire units (like mammoths and Ezekiel's wheels ;) ) for example , 5 tech levels , 5 has all , 4 removes mammoth and Stanks (and some other vehicles) , 3 removes the infantry herose (Havok , Prototype Assault Suit :P , and Mobius/Moebius) and their Nod Counterparts , 2 removes vehicles (and AGT/Obelisk/Turret/Guard Tower{if it's in}) and 1 leaves only the cheap inf and basic ones.

I think that could add some replay value don't you?

[if you disagree PLEASE post a detailed explanation {as in at least one paragraph plz}]

And no it doesn't have to be for first release :P

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 13 2009, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think anyone has asked before (did search) but maybe adding tech levels ? this could be nice way to add more 'replay' value to the maps by blicking some high tire units (like mammoths and Ezekiel's wheels ;) ) for example , 5 tech levels , 5 has all , 4 removes mammoth and Stanks (and some other vehicles) , 3 removes the infantry herose (Havok , Prototype Assault Suit :P , and Mobius/Moebius) and their Nod Counterparts , 2 removes vehicles (and AGT/Obelisk/Turret/Guard Tower{if it's in}) and 1 leaves only the cheap inf and basic ones.

I think that could add some replay value don't you?

[if you disagree PLEASE post a detailed explanation {as in at least one paragraph plz}]

And no it doesn't have to be for first release :P[/b]

If the tech level was one, what'd be the point in having the buildings?

I'm assuming that the inferred tech level 1 would be Soldier, Shotgunner, Engineer, Extra (Flame/Grenadier), Officer and Rocket Soldier. Or that + Chem Soldier/Tiberium Sydney. Personally, I think tech 1 should include Humvee/Buggy, but that might be just me. Such a game would have to have greatly diminished credit income though.

Maybe a Silo would replace The refinery and it would give like 1 credit per second ?

Oh and those lists were made on the spot , they are not perfect so yeah adding basic vehicles to tech 1 or removing one tech level completely can work ;)

And feel free to make up your own if you like!

this is a really nice idea. if i understand correctly (this is what i understand from what you said)

that when the host starts a game, he can choose the tech level for the game. which will mean the server stays on this tech level. perhaps an in-game command to change the tech level for the next map as well. changing tech levels within a match would be a horrible idea in my opinion.

and if i understand correctly the tech levels would be something like this:

tech level 1:

all basic infantry (rifleman, engineer, shotgun, grenade/flame).

officers, and sydney/chem.

humvee/buggy.

no guard towers.

no harvester.

no beacons.

tech level 2:

rocket launchers. hotwire/technician

apc.

only rocket towers.

no beacon victory.

tech level 3:

gunner/nod laser, deadeye/nod sniper, patch/invisible.

medium tanks/light tanks, mrl/artilery.

flying transport.

all towers.

tech level 4:

all heroes (havoc/sakura, mobius,mendoza, pas/raveshaw).

assault choppers.

tech level 5:

mammoth, stank, flamer

does this sound about right?

seems like a cool option to add to the game.

KamiFlashedDODO