Ranks?

jay100150

QUOTE (TsuScorpio @ Aug 12 2009, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you guys going to incroporate online ranks achieved through amount of EXP or something of the sort? Corporal, Lance CP, Lieut, etc.[/b]

I was counting on them supporting a ladder, like the original game. Nothing kept people struggling to win (or keep from losing) more than maintaining their ladder score.

I hope they can swing it without hacks or easy ways to game the system.

No Ranking system whatsoever should be implemented IMHO , there will always be someone that will hack the game/cheat/use exploits/Stats Pad./ etc. just to be on the top of the ladder , and it's a mod too so there should not be a problem , i mean it's a mod to make UT3 into Renegade , not to make it a full game (it's a mod after all :P).

No one has the right to ***** about they wanting a ladder to say stuff like "OMG i am t3h l33tz !11 , y0u 4ll 5uck5 c0mp4r3d to me11.

It will ruin lots of people's fun , so please don't go adding useless crap like this that developers waste time on Full games , the Mod itself is what we care about !

*Waits for a Kane model*

Edit: Added Stat Padding to the list.

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 14 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No Ranking system whatsoever should be implemented IMHO , there will always be someone that will hack the game/cheat/use exploits/Stats Pad./ etc. just to be on the top of the ladder , and it's a mod too so there should not be a problem , i mean it's a mod to make UT3 into Renegade , not to make it a full game (it's a mod after all :P).

No one has the right to ***** about they wanting a ladder to say stuff like "OMG i am t3h l33tz !11 , y0u 4ll 5uck5 c0mp4r3d to me11.

It will ruin lots of people's fun , so please don't go adding useless crap like this that developers waste time on Full games , the Mod itself is what we care about !

*Waits for a Kane model*

Edit: Added Stat Padding to the list.[/b]

I don't mean this in a mean way at all, but IMHO cheaters are a terrible reason not to compete...do you honestly think that not having a ladder will prevent hacking? People like to win whether or not there's official recognition, it's kind of why you play the game :P Those that want to win at all costs are still going to resort to cheating. :(

You are on luck then , Renegade is one of the exceptions ;)

And while i know it wont TOTALLY prevent the issues , i think it might reduce them a little since there is no way to account for the stats , thus making the whole thing pointless (except for those n00bs that dont have a life and only want to win <_< )

And no , you play games to have fun not win all the time :D

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 14 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are on luck then , Renegade is one of the exceptions ;)

And while i know it wont TOTALLY prevent the issues , i think it might reduce them a little since there is no way to account for the stats , thus making the whole thing pointless (except for those n00bs that dont have a life and only want to win <_< )

And no , you play games to have fun not win all the time :D [/b]
Eh, I'd rather have fun with a ladder/ranking system and deal with 2 more cheaters than not have it and go without seeing 1-2 more each day...