EA wants us to name C&C 4...

epicelite

Idiots can't even see what Westwood was going for with the naming?

Tiberian Dawn

Tiberian Sun I guess "tiberian midday" didn't have a good ring to it.

Tiberian Twilight

So logically C&C 4 should be "Tiberian Night/Dusk" or something.

Yep, please tell me I am not the only one to notice this?

Tiberian Dawn and Tiberian Sun are just coincidental names. There was no connection between the names, some fans just kinda figured there was and it seemed to have stuck. But you have a sun (or lack of a sun) at all times of the day, so saying "Tiberian Sun" doesn't necessarily relate to 'midday/afternoon.' It just sounds cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I always figured there was a connection. I mean the word Dawn means the beginning of something and Sun is used sometimes to mean something is in it's prime...when I think of the sun in the sky I picture it at it's highest point, so I figured it meant the series was at it's highest point (maybe they knew EA was going to buy them out lol)...

Only phrase I can think of offhand would be "The sun never sets on the British Empire"...which basically means it's always in it's prime.

I guess I don't really see how there could NOT be a connection.

On a slightly different note, my entry for the contest was CnC: Tiberian Moon ...made the most sense to me, with Dawn and Sun (and what would have been Twilight) meaning the beginning, zenith and declining of the series, and ultimately the state of the Earth in the story-line, it seemed that Moon gives a sense of both darkness and finality :P...also I thought the blue-ish "4" that they have on the logo for the game kinda fit with a moon-ish/lunar type theme for a name.

Anyways that's just my opinion on the matter, but I don't really see how they couldn't be connected...

• Totem Arts Staff
Only phrase I can think of offhand would be "The sun never sets on the British Empire"...which basically means it's always in it's prime.[/b]

Because god wouldn't trust them in the dark :lol:

Actually this was said because the British empire had colonies all over the world, so when the sun was up in the east, or in the west, the empire was there.

But I just got blatantly off topic.

I do think Tiberian Twilight or Tiberian Dusk would be perfect, as it makes sense with the other titles. I didn't like the title "Tiberium Wars", it just inconsistent and sounds like it's covering multiple Tiberian wars.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Aug 13 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because god wouldn't trust them in the dark :lol:
I didn't like the title "Tiberium Wars", it just inconsistent and sounds like it's covering multiple Tiberian wars.[/b]

Couldn't agree more...when I first read it I was slightly disgusted how EA had taken something familiar and anticipated for so many years, and put a name on it that makes it sound like EA only cares about buying up popular names and making money off of them (which is exactly what they did...I mean why switch to Tiberium instead of Tiberian in the title...the latter is way cooler and makes more sense, and you have a point about the 'wars'...the game is about ONE war, the 3rd Tib War...wars just adds to the sense that EA really didn't delve into the storyline or 'lore' at all when they made the game, which is why they have to ask us to name the next game :P)...to me CnC3 will always be Tiberian Twilight. I was in 7th grade when TS came out and it was the first PC game I ever bought, and I spent the next 6 or 7 years waiting for TibTwi, whe TibWars was announced I couldn't think of it as anything but Tib Twilight, which is why I hope they don't name the last game Twilight...besides, Twilight by definition is not the end of anything, it literally means between two lights (Sun and Moon).

Viewing all the changes and ripoffs from current games they are adding to CnC4 i think we should call it "Tiberian Crap" :P or Un-Tiberium , honest , and what's up with riping off Petroglyph's work?

Crawlers fall from the sky...........*cough* UaW *cough*

*Sigh* They could not be original even if their life depended on it...

Ill never understand the new Nod look , change a few names and you could say they are aliens... <_<

I also think that the Dawn , Sun , Twilight , Dusk , etc was westwood's way of 'saying' 1,2,3,4,etc sounds a lot cooler than numbers if you ask me.

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 21 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

My memories of that name will now be stained ..........forever............. :( [/b]

epic fail tbh

tiberian twilight is in no way original, creative, and it doesn't even technically have anything to do with an ending...the name's been floating around for the past 9 years. IMO this OFFICIALLY dubs CnC3 as a non-essential part of the storyline...at least in my mind...CnC3 WAS twilight...

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (theshado @ Aug 21 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
epic fail tbh

tiberian twilight is in no way original, creative, and it doesn't even technically have anything to do with an ending...the name's been floating around for the past 9 years. IMO this OFFICIALLY dubs CnC3 as a non-essential part of the storyline...at least in my mind...CnC3 WAS twilight...[/b]

The only important thing in C&C3 was Kane's Wrath. Scrin won't be in C&C4, so they don't matter. Other than that, not much really happened.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Aug 21 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only important thing in C&C3 was Kane's Wrath. Scrin won't be in C&C4, so they don't matter. Other than that, not much really happened.[/b]

My point exactly...it was just an opportunity to use the name to attract mainstream gamers...scrin, I think, will be in CnC4 though, just not playable...altho with the way they worded things you could definitely be right...they are always so vague with their games and then release them ridiculously fast before you even know that much about it...

Tiberian Dusk has a nice ring to it.

Tiberian Twilight would NOT be a good name since it would cause mass confusion since Westwood was making a Command & Conquer game called Command & Conquer: Tiberian Twilight before the company went defunct (and the game got cancelled), and so people would confuse the two games all the time.

QUOTE (An4x1madr0s @ Aug 13 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Viewing all the changes and ripoffs from current games they are adding to CnC4 i think we should call it "Tiberian Crap" :P or Un-Tiberium , honest , and what's up with riping off Petroglyph's work?

Crawlers fall from the sky...........*cough* UaW *cough*[/b]

They did it with WOW. They took all the good parts from every damn RPG out there and made it in there own RPG, with astounding success. Now everybody is saying 'a new RPG? this looks like a WOW ripoff'. Which is weird as WOW is the ripoff :) .

You never know, perhaps EA is going to hit jackpot with this one and actually set down a blockbuster game. Who cares if it's ripped off, if it's a good game, it's a good game.

QUOTE (Demigan @ Aug 23 2009, 04:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You never know, perhaps EA is going to hit jackpot with this one and actually set down a blockbuster game. Who cares if it's ripped off, if it's a good game, it's a good game.[/b]

I actually do agree with this, as much as I hate the name (and BIG game companies, as well). All the changes (seems like there's 10x more of them every week) have got me somewhat skeptical about the game, but you never know...even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often. I'm trying to keep an open mind...the name does suck, though.

...I care :P *ahem* if i wanted giant walkers that build units , then i would just go play Universe at War with the Hierarchy *Goes play UaW as the Massari*

and while the walker ' buildings ' were indeed an awesome idea for the Scrin , they don't fit with the others ...