Just a small preview of a CTF map I've been working on

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ May 31 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Map is automatic win.

Also, a little off topic question, but I've just been curious as I've never attempted to map in UT3. Do you use a 3D modeling program to make the map itself and import them into the UT3 editor? Or do you make everything from the editor itself?[/b]

You make everything in the editor using primitive geometry brushes, terrain, and static meshes made in Max or Maya. Although there's nothing to stop you from modeling the entire map in Max or Maya, it isn't good for performance unless you split it into chunks. Otherwise it has to render the entire map even when you can't see it.

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ May 31 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You make everything in the editor using primitive geometry brushes, terrain, and static meshes made in Max or Maya. Although there's nothing to stop you from modeling the entire map in Max or Maya, it isn't good for performance unless you split it into chunks. Otherwise it has to render the entire map even when you can't see it.[/b]

Truth. Or just use stock stuff like I do mosta the time :D

and I updated the side columns a bit this afternoon:

plwtsnmeyxbz0od38j3.jpg

when i was into Swat 4 mapping, i use everything in UE editor ... i import thing from UT2k4 and other thing i saw on web .. the only things i made was Stairs ... in Autocad :P cause the one ingame wasnt good for my map. i have to restart working in UE ... i love working with glass effect .. here a ss of a old map i made for Swat 4, like i said i loved glass effect :P

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Jun 1 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when i was into Swat 4 mapping, i use everything in UE editor ... i import thing from UT2k4 and other thing i saw on web .. the only things i made was Stairs ... in Autocad :P cause the one ingame wasnt good for my map. i have to restart working in UE ... i love working with glass effect .. here a ss of a old map i made for Swat 4, like i said i loved glass effect :P[/b]

Yes you're obsessed with glass :P

Here's the inside of the temple I'm doing:

kim0d4yvmm9za29nkvzs.jpg

• 3 months later...