stealth black hand sight idea

DXR_13KE

How about giving him a grey scale view with some red highlights for brighter parts of your POV when he is stealthed? same thing for the stealth tank. When they pop out from stealth their view becomes normal colour like every other unit.

more or less like that series... the invisible man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invisible...2000_TV_series)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOZ2lrq7jm8

maybe expand this to some sort of infra-red vision...

QUOTE (DXR_13KE @ Mar 13 2009, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about giving him a grey scale view with some red highlights for brighter parts of your POV when he is stealthed? same thing for the stealth tank. When they pop out from stealth their view becomes normal colour like every other unit.

more or less like that series... the invisible man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invisible...2000_TV_series)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOZ2lrq7jm8

maybe expand this to some sort of infra-red vision...[/b]

That idea is so bad I think it gave me cancer.

-User was warned for this post-

Really epicelite, you need to stop offending/degrading everything, all you do is BITCH about people's idea's...

He makes a suggestion, and all you say is that it SUCKS, no useful comment at all, just random offending...

I personally think it would be pretty neat, but I don't know if it wouldn't be to much of a change...

Meh, I would like to see it, but I just don't know, I think it's to big of an edit to be fun, but I really don't know, I would have to test it ingame.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Mar 14 2009, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That idea is so bad I think it gave me cancer.[/b]

why?

QUOTE (Friso1nl @ Mar 14 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really epicelite, you need to stop offending/degrading everything, all you do is BITCH about people's idea's...

He makes a suggestion, and all you say is that it SUCKS, no useful comment at all, just random offending...

I personally think it would be pretty neat, but I don't know if it wouldn't be to much of a change...
Meh, I would like to see it, but I just don't know, I think it's to big of an edit to be fun, but I really don't know, I would have to test it ingame.[/b]

thank you

it would give you a better clue when you are completely invisible, it would work against you in certain scenarios and at the same time give you some extra abilities (like seeing other invisible units, tanks and weapon fire a lot better), it would look very cool and it would help explain how the hell he becomes invisible and can still see (in the series i posted above, Darien can see the infra-spectrum).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisibility#...while_invisible

I do not care if this comes to reality or not, it is just an idea and take it as such.

viuw.png

more or less the above, the enemy is slightly highlighted compared to the environment (maybe allow this to happen when the SBH is not moving and deactivate this when he is moving, think persistence of view), the environment is grayscale, your stealthed friends are more visible (think polarized light and such), weapon fire and explosions are more visible and/or can blind you during a short period of time or not, buildings are grayscale... and so on... maybe some periodic false positives.

i thought of this as a way to better help the player immerse himself it the game environment.

• 2 months later...

The grayscale view isn't such a good idea imo. Remember Nod is red and GDI is yellow; in terms of infantry nothing else distinguishes each faction besides color. Obviously the HUD will identify units of both sides, but it'll be harder to quickly see who's on your team without pointing crosshairs at everyone.

Dunno about the rest of it.

QUOTE (Combine 108 @ Jun 12 2009, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The grayscale view isn't such a good idea imo. Remember Nod is red and GDI is yellow; in terms of infantry nothing else distinguishes each faction besides color. Obviously the HUD will identify units of both sides, but it'll be harder to quickly see who's on your team without pointing crosshairs at everyone.

Dunno about the rest of it.[/b]

maybe a light tint on the team... example:

you are on a static position, everything is in gray scale, GDI units look lightly yellow and NOD units look lightly red.

you are moving, everything is gray scale, except enemies and friends that are to close to you.

think of it as persistence of vision, the above gives you advantages and disadvantages.

advantages: you can see better in the dark, you can look at movement of enemy troops when static.

disadvantages: the world is grayscale and it is not as easy to navigate, when you are moving you can not see enemies unless they are really close to you.

this is just an idea, i don't demand or require nothing, as long as the guys at Renegade X make a game that feels and plays like the original i am happy.