Gameplay style of Multiplayer

D34d$h0t

Hello Renegades!

i'm new, I'm not sure if this is the right Thread i'm posting but......you warn me then.

I already played C&CR (old school), and i looked for multiplayer gameplay and it was not bad, thus I don't know how this multiplayer is gonna be but i have some ideas.

-Each Kill/destruction/capture/sabutage etc.... not only gives the player XP & Credits but for the Team and for the base aswell.

-If you do an assist you get 1/3 of the XP & Credits, but those aren't going for the Team & base.

- If some thing is Capture the more guys are doing the engineering thingy the faster is the capturing, but all the guys (Eng.) that helped capturing the structure receive the same XP & Credits, but the Team/base will only receive by 1.

- the Credits from the base is to spend for repairing, advencing to higher lvl's, build new structures.....well expanding the base, is the main thing.

- Then you have some credits of the team......you know its for newcomers, then can't get lots kills and then......... well they depend too much from the others so, they can spend the money that the team get to buy a bugy or jeep or tank...better soldier class etc...

-You can repair your vehicles with you own money or the team's.

-You can repair structers/buy new tecnology/advencing with you base/buy structers with your money the team's or the base.

- you cannot sum the amount of the 3 credits (your/team's/base) and buy something, you must chose.

Well you guys are thinking, but why do you need XP........well my opinion is to have not much....but a little of fps-rpg too, you onlock better equipment, weapons skins & Tiers-1,-2,-3, apparel, maybe gestures and other cool stuff. So credits is basicly to buy them, so:

XP-> onlocks

Credits -> buys

Wile playing (on multiplayer) the credits is only for buying the class that you want to play, vehicles, ammo restock, repairing vehicles, buy new tec...........and new equipment like IonCannon Beacon and Nuclear Strike Beacon, that kind of stuff.

NOTE: XP is only for the player not the Team nor the base it self!

I hope we gave a good brainstorm here!

KAR -> Kick Ass Renegades!

Renegade is Renegade, which means Renegade X: Black Dawn is Renegade. I recommend the developers not change the main features of the multiplayer gameplay. Renegade used to fascinate me and many other players with its striking and unusual multiplayer style. I suppose it stills appeals to lots of players. So the best thing to do is to keep the barracks, tiberium fields, power plants and other things as they are in the original Renegade.

I might sound a bit old-fashioned, but that's how many players think. Keep in mind we want to be playing ''Renegade'' when the multiplayer version is released. :)

Thanks

Hey guys yeah i tought about it and keep the XP of just the basics (old school C&C style)

And got some other topics

- for exemple each kill its 100$ (wow that's alot, i'm just making it simple) and what the team & base get is 25 each.

The advance upgrades for your base is like.....higher structer HP, higher Damage for the defence Towers and that stuff buying/unlocking new vehicles and structers like old C&C, mixing it up a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...
What C&C : RX should have is lots of skirmish missions, including spec-ops! with co-op mode in both of them!!!

Who doen't like to do missions with friends??!!??

why not also adding roleplay mode? you start with 2 teams, 1 team plays an stupid AI team, the other team has to kill there base and have to believe that they are fighting an co-op. the AI team gets a score decrease when they stop playing the stupid AI, and start playing with skills...

No really... we have bots from BD, and yes they are stupid and without skills, but I think it is better to have there main focus on PvP fights, so we at least have a playable game. I dont want a release slowdown because they add some smart bots. Better they finish renegade-x and add it somewhere far away in the future, once every important thing is fixed in the game.

still hating any XP idea ;) .

Imo keeping RX closest to the original is best, i loved renegade, i would hate the multiplayer gameplay to change to a point where it didnt feel like renegade anymore, ren should stay like ren, i like the simplicity of it, 2 bases, 2 teams, 1 goal :cool:

2 goals, or destroying the base, but when that is gonna fail, winning with score will be the goal.

Imo keeping RX closest to the original is best, i loved renegade, i would hate the multiplayer gameplay to change to a point where it didnt feel like renegade anymore, ren should stay like ren, i like the simplicity of it, 2 bases, 2 teams, 1 goal :cool:

I totally agree with you. If there is going to be huge changes, then what is the meaning of playing renegade x? Go play another game then! I like the way things are going on in Renegade and I think it is best to keep thing as they are now. Perhaps, in the future, the developer team might be able to develop something new. But until then, there is no point in thinking of the innovations for Renegade MP. :)

I totally agree with you. If there is going to be huge changes, then what is the meaning of playing renegade x? Go play another game then! I like the way things are going on in Renegade and I think it is best to keep thing as they are now. Perhaps, in the future, the developer team might be able to develop something new. But until then, there is no point in thinking of the innovations for Renegade MP. :)

Agreed, however I would really like to see these gamemode mods, to become reality... for example there where maps that has build an capture the flag mod, this was pretty cool, it was basically cnc mode but than with an additional option to win with capturing the flag ... times. Simple gameplay addition as additional gameplay should still be cool, as long the main gamemode still keeps cnc mode in atleast 50-75% of all the servers.

Agreed, however I would really like to see these gamemode mods, to become reality... for example there where maps that has build an capture the flag mod, this was pretty cool, it was basically cnc mode but than with an additional option to win with capturing the flag ... times. Simple gameplay addition as additional gameplay should still be cool, as long the main gamemode still keeps cnc mode in atleast 50-75% of all the servers.

Yeah, you are right. As long as we have a few servers for the original gameplay, it might be good to have some other servers designed for different game modes such as capture the flag and coop. But still we need a decent server for the original multiplayer version of Renegade :D

• 2 weeks later...

1) I love the way Renegade is itself!!!

2) Never put in a XP system into Regade's amazing gameplay... Everything is available for everyone, they get better stuff with more credits they have... like the way it is now :)

3) Make it like renegade, mainly the same gameplay... thats what im getting at... and capturing buildings is interesting... if there was like 6 bases in a huge freggin map... but errm... not rlly

one thing iwould like to add is that i wonder what buying back buildings would be like.. like those team funds in some servers of orig renegade for buying back turrets, you can buy back buildings... like the obelisk for 10000 or .... something like that lol... wound make a interesting twist :P

but otherwise... bleh i like it how it is :)

Yeah yeah, buying turrets or sentry guns is a good idea actually. Buying back the things that are destroyed is also a brilliant idea. I haven't played Renegade on St0rm servers for a long time, yet i remember these features were active on St0rm servers. These things will also help the game capture people's attention and will make people fight until the very end!

• 5 months later...

It is actually really easy now to run a server on old ren using the luatt plugin and making it so you can buy back buildings, or buy any vehicle, char, weapon or build stuff. If I ever sit down and finish mine, it already has all the features mentioned above.

It is actually really easy now to run a server on old ren using the luatt plugin and making it so you can buy back buildings, or buy any vehicle, char, weapon or build stuff. If I ever sit down and finish mine, it already has all the features mentioned above.

Edit: St0rm ran a xp system before its ren branched died. It was enjoyable, but I would not recommend it for the whole game. Leave it to a clan or server to run it if someone wants it.

enabling to buy back a building would outbalance the game in the favour of the winning team. and who will get to spend the money? will it also take money from other players?

it's kinda difficult to implement things like this to the game. though it still could be a possibility, off course. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Leave renegade as it is, we dont want it to be another crappy Battlefield.

What is great about it is that it awards doing the right stuff, not just "First fast retarded kid get the helicopter and instantly crash it "-Playstyle. Also the Xp play style is unapeeling since it doesent reward skill rather than "I played brainless for along time"-Playstyle.

Also there no "Capture" in renegade its destroy or be destroyed, and it doesent cost anything to repair buildings, you get paid to repair them.

Also you get paid pr "bullet hit" so you already got paid for the "assist"

you would know that if you actually played it.

My hope is that the developers will keep it as pure Renegade as possible. People who loved renegade, want renegade.

Personally for me there were nothing in the game i wanted changed gameplaywise.

What is great about it is that it awards doing the right stuff, not just "First fast retarded kid get the helicopter and instantly crash it "-Playstyle. Also the Xp play style is unapeeling since it doesent reward skill rather than "I played brainless for along time"-Playstyle.

Also there no "Capture" in renegade its destroy or be destroyed, and it doesent cost anything to repair buildings, you get paid to repair them.

My hope is that the developers will keep it as pure Renegade as possible. People who loved renegade, want renegade.

• 7 months later...

/Nodding in agreement