Jump to content

Renegade X - Skinning options


pawkyfox
 Share

Recommended Posts

In ren we can use XCC mixer to extract DDS files to edit and put them in Data folder to see changes...how is this done in UT3?

Is it easy to do? In Ren we have the power to change the graphics and i think Ren X has good graphics too but i hope this is not too hard question....!

-pawky

Link to comment
Share on other sites

QUOTE (epicelite @ Feb 24 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No because it is 95% of the time a skin to make it easier to see someone, the other 5% just plain look ugly.[/b]


lol rhetoric

I have grass skins that make for example my Walls_Fly skin to look like a map from the original C&C with lot of greenery.

WallsFly.png

And my green Med tank green skin goes along perfectly. No advantage, just as beautiful and pleasant for the eyes to see.

Hope u understand.

Plus Ren -X Hourglass is kinda too different and somewhat ugly.

I guess the answer to my question is no.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Skins and any kind of replacements will be next to impossible. If you look for any skins or replacements for UT3 you wont find many if not any. To make skins you would have to make a new upk file containing the new textures and a material to go with. Then you would have to change the code to use the material. This will not work because it is essentially changing the version of the mod it self and any server you goto the original files will download and overwrite the new ones that you made. So skinning for this mod will not be happening. This is also a good thing because it then becomes a fair game and no one can get any visual differences. Unless we can come up with a skinning system which we most definatly will not then skinning is not possible for renx.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

QUOTE (pawkyfox @ Feb 24 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have grass skins that make for example my Walls_Fly skin to look like a map from the original C&C with lot of greenery.

And my green Med tank green skin goes along perfectly. No advantage, just as beautiful and pleasant for the eyes to see.[/b]

I think those could actually be the 0.01% of Renegade skins I actually like. Nice choices.

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Feb 25 2009, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, I am glad the game engine doesn't support easy reskinning and I hope we don't make any efforts to add that kind of support.[/b]

QUOTE (Pendullum @ Feb 25 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMHO the less spongebob C4 reskins out there, the better![/b]

Couldn't agree more.

QUOTE (dirtycopgangsta @ Feb 25 2009, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least can the team make some variations for the chars/veh ?[/b]

Would be nice, as long as it doesn't slow down development though. Gameplay > Cosmetics.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

QUOTE (pawkyfox @ Feb 25 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol rhetoric

I have grass skins that make for example my Walls_Fly skin to look like a map from the original C&C with lot of greenery.

WallsFly.png

And my green Med tank green skin goes along perfectly. No advantage, just as beautiful and pleasant for the eyes to see.

Hope u understand.

Plus Ren -X Hourglass is kinda too different and somewhat ugly.

I guess the answer to my question is no.[/b]

upload that somewhere please I wouldn't mind having that ^^
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...