New Mode 'C&C: Infantry Only' Mode

Madkill40

I've refrained from mentioning this in the 'C&C Mode' thread to avoid derailing of the aforementioned thread and because it's a separate issue.

Maybe a new 'C&C: infantry mode' specifically to cater to Infantry only maps which would work in a similar way to Battlefield in which you have a tick limit.

If either team has 250-500 deaths then eventually people will no longer be able to respawn and this prevents an infantry only map from lasting until people quit or give up or get bored, this would eventually allow one team to destroy the other base because all occupants have been killed off. 

Building destruction would still remain as the key objective as is the way of C&C.

Bodies would no longer disappear until a player respawns, this could also allow the possibility of reviving dead soldiers on the battlefield.

This also means that infantry only maps would have their own infantry-only type of server and broaden the play-ability of Renegade-X and perhaps boost the playerbase.

There are quite a few infantry only maps which despite the amount of work has been put into them have been dismissed because they don't coincide too well with the traditional style of Renegade-X. 

What are peoples' thoughts on this?

I like the idea of more infantry-only maps, games where both teams have destroyed WF and strip are sometimes really fun. But I think it would be enough to work on better infantry maps. Right now Valley is a bit boring because it's so small and with so few objectives other than destroying PP and bar/Hon and capture the silos. I think maps with several different capturable buildings, bunkers and tunnels would make infantry maps more interesting.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
58 minutes ago, SvN91 said:

I like the idea of more infantry-only maps, games where both teams have destroyed WF and strip are sometimes really fun. But I think it would be enough to work on better infantry maps. Right now Valley is a bit boring because it's so small and with so few objectives other than destroying PP and bar/Hon and capture the silos. I think maps with several different capturable buildings, bunkers and tunnels would make infantry maps more interesting.

That is exactly my opinion